Spellslinger Archetype Help?

  • Shirou Keiishi
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
      Hey everyone,

      First of all gotta say, as someone just getting back into pen and paper PCGen is awesome! - I'm currently in the process of setting up a group for Pathfinder, and I love the software (have recommended everyone in the group check it out, and I think the majority are going to be using it now). So far though, my character is the only one that can't be made/managed through PCGen.

      After a couple of days poking around it looks like we're still a ways off from PCGen incorporating Advanced Combat, and as someone that knows nothing about setting up the customized Archetypes in PCGen/messing with LST files, I was hoping that maybe someone out there might have already encountered a similar issue and have something prepared for Spellslingers?

      If so thanks, if not I'll go the ol' pen and paper route.
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012

        What exactly do you need? If it's one or two archetypes, I can whip it out and send it to you.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
          Hey Andrew,

          That would be absolutely fantastic! What I'm looking for is to incorporate the Spellslinger archetype (pg. 74 in Ultimate Combat) for Wizard.

          Additionally, this is for a project that I'm working on (web series). So if we can show our appreciation for your assistance (and awesome program) through mentions on-air and potentially in donation form let me know!

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
            On 2/2/2012 12:53 PM, Shirou Keiishi wrote:
            > Hey Andrew,
            >
            > That would be absolutely fantastic! What I'm looking for is to incorporate the Spellslinger archetype (pg. 74 in Ultimate Combat) for Wizard.

            Hm, most of it I can implement, there are a few tricky things I don't think PCGen can handle without
            some code support. How "complete" does this need to be, and what time frame would you like it by?

            I can do a bare bones fairly fast, implementing a few of the abilities will take a little longer.
            But if all you need are the abilities to display the words, then easy, if you want actual guns, and
            a choice of one or two guns and all the bonuses, that takes the most time (Details always take time ;))

            I'm almost done with the base abilities currently, doing this while at work takes longer though :P

            > Additionally, this is for a project that I'm working on (web series). So if we can show our appreciation for your assistance (and awesome program) through mentions on-air and potentially in donation form let me know!

            Hey, free promotion is always welcome. And I won't turn down any offer of donations to the project.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2012
              Hey again,

              Obviously in a perfect world I would love a complete option for the Spellslinger, but I will take what I can get. - I can tell you that the plan is for the Spellslinger to have two arcane guns, so it doesn't need options if that's a problem.

              We're looking to get going next week (Sunday after this one coming up). Sooner is always better 'cause we're all building out the characters right now, but I'd say if I can get something before next Friday/Saturday (10th or 11th) then I'll still have plenty of time to input the info into the program.

              The bare-bones stuff would be fine (just the words) and easily tide me over until UC gets fully implemented in PCGen down the road.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 9, 2012
                Just wanted to check-in and see if there had been any progress on this?

                Thanks again!

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 9, 2012

                  I knew something had slipped my mind - I've got it finished man... just need to send it your way...
                  At work all day.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 9, 2012
                    No worries what-so-ever!

                    I really do appreciate the help. If you wouldn't mind sending to my work email whenever you do get the chance: Casey@...