Lederhosen

  • Greg Bezoff
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
      As someone with some German family roots and who studied German, the
      word is lederhosen (pronounced lay`-der-hose-en), not leiderhosen. The
      translation, literally, is "leather pants". And I am all in favour of
      them being added, along with buxom frauleins bearing massive steins
      brimming with cold beer.

      Greg
    • Lonestar
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
        Hello Greg,

        Saturday, September 01, 2001, 5:01:37 AM, you wrote:

        GB> As someone with some German family roots and who studied German, the
        GB> word is lederhosen (pronounced lay`-der-hose-en), not leiderhosen. The
        GB> translation, literally, is "leather pants". And I am all in favour of
        GB> them being added, along with buxom frauleins bearing massive steins
        GB> brimming with cold beer.

        GB> Greg

        Kann es sein, dass du einmal zu oft auf'm Oktoberfest warst? ;-)

        Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
      • Greg Bezoff
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
          >Kann es sein, dass du einmal zu oft auf'm Oktoberfest warst? ;-) <

          Alas, I have been forced to make due with the poor man's Oktoberfest in
          Kitchener, Ontario, an hour's drive from where I live. I was in Munich
          once, but in July, not October.

          Greg