Re: [pcgen] The roll(x) function

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2012
      Quoting Caleb Ulfers (culfers@...):
      > No, I don't know how many dice I would want to roll. When I said I wanted
      > to keep the first, I meant roll the di(c)e once and keep that roll
      > regardless of what it was. For example, say I wanted to roll one 12-sided
      > die, I would roll that die once, and I would keep whatever number came
      > up. I would do the same thing with multiple dice.

      Sounds to me that what you want is what the kits create: Those allow to
      roll once, then apply an ability or a bonus according to the roll's result.
      Thus the added ability later does not know about randomness, it only knows
      about the choice the kit made.

      Did you investigate in this direction? Maybe by using this you can archieve
      what you want already without need for a new tag.

      Hope that helps,

      Susan