Re: Format for PCC Source

  • merton_monk@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 31, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
      > Bryan,
      > Question on setup of this:
      >
      > If you have a personall pcc file that pulls multiple lst files for
      > same line (i.e.CLASS:phb\phbclass|fr\frclass| etc) how could you do
      > the source listing here?

      You can have a SOURCE: tag on every line - you'll notice that on
      every line of phbrace.lst I have a SOURCE: tag to indicate the page
      number in the PHB. This wouldn't be affected by loading multiple
      source materials through one pcc file. The SOURCE: tag at the pcc
      level would serve as the default SOURCE: value for anything loaded
      through that pcc if it didn't already have it's own SOURCE tag. so if
      in myclass.lst I had
      someclass blad blah SOURCE:www.mysite.com/mycampaign/thisclass.html
      that value would overwrite whatever I had in the pcc file's SOURCE:
      tag. Is that clearer?

      -Bryan
    • Eric Statz
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 31, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
        > Bryan,
        > Question on setup of this:
        >
        > If you have a personall pcc file that pulls multiple lst files for
        > same line (i.e.CLASS:phb\phbclass|fr\frclass| etc) how could you do
        > the source listing here?
        >
        > It sounds like it can only take one SOURCE listing per file, but if
        > I'm pulling multiple sources, then it won't work for me in the way
        > think you have it setup currently. Not that I'm that worried about
        > it personally, since I own the source material in question, but
        some
        > of my players don't. And since I just supply some personal lst
        files
        > and my personal pcc file that pulls all the lst files with only one
        > campaign needed to be loaded.
        >
        > Sorry about the rambling, but this is what happens when I run all
        day
        > with only a few hours of sleep.
        >
        > -Robert Ward

        There really isn't a way to do it cleanly in the pcc files. for the
        FR.pcc (which includes DMG, PHB, and FR stuff) I just included all
        three in the source line...

        SOURCE: PHB, DMG, FR Campaign Setting; (c) WOTC... etc

        not the best solution, but the best I could figure out.

        My guess is eventually we'll restrict pcc files so they only load a
        single sourcebook apiece, and something in turn loads them.

        (shrug)

        -Eric