[pcgen] handling of relative file-paths

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2012
      pcgen 5.17.9, pathfinder (not that it matters)

      I have again hit problems with PCGen's handling of relative file-paths...

      I run more than one campaign, and each campaign is in its own folder.
      Companions/Familiars are saved in the same folder as their master.
      Companions/Familiars are set to open with the master.

      BUT - if I have PCGen's location folder set to campaign 1, because I was
      previously handling that, then open a character from the other campaign
      (other folder), then Companions/familiars don't open, because PCGen
      bases the relative file not on the PC but on the preference folder.

      I have the same problem with character portrait image files.

      In most other programs, if a file refers to another file, the program
      would interpret the relative path as relative to the linking file, so
      that both can be moved together...

      I'd like to request that PCGen implement that rule -- as yet another
      preference if you think it would break some people's file structure...

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2012

        Please open a JIRA tracker for this request.