[pcgen] pathfinder problem with Skeletons

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012
      Using PCGen 5.17.9, PFRPG core + APG + bestiary + bestiary 2 + bonus
      bestiary

      So... (Human) Skeleton is 1HD, Skeleton Champion converts racial HD to
      D8 then adds 2 bonus racial HD, so the book human skeletal champion has
      2D8 (+ 1 level Warrior as 1D10)

      However if I Create a New Character, and switch to the Race tab, and
      pick Skeleton (Human) or Skeleton Champion (Human), the skeleton is
      Undead 2 with 2HD, and the summary screen shows: Level 1 Undead
      (Mindless) (2), level 2 Undead (Mindless);
      Skeleton Champion shows Undead, Undead (4), Undead, Undead and has 4HD.

      If instead, I create the new character and select Race: Human then add
      template "Skeleton" I get a "Undead (Mindless) (1)"
      If I create a Human and add template "Skeletal Champion" I get "Undead
      (2)", listed as "Undead", "Undead (2)"

      hmmm ... might I hazard a guess that the Race option is setting up a
      Skeleton or Skeletal Champion and *then* adding the Template on top???

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
    • Distant Scholar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2012
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:
        > However if I Create a New Character, and switch to the Race tab, and
        > pick Skeleton (Human) or Skeleton Champion (Human), the skeleton is
        > Undead 2 with 2HD, and the summary screen shows: Level 1 Undead
        > (Mindless) (2), level 2 Undead (Mindless);
        > Skeleton Champion shows Undead, Undead (4), Undead, Undead and has 4HD.

        The out-of-order levels [the (4) not as the last one] is a known bug in the ADDLEVEL tag. There are lots of TODO comments with the skeletal champion and skeleton, which probably cover most of your later comments. (PCGen isn't ready to do what's needed for the creature --- or wasn't ready to do them when the creature was written up. There might be more features now.)

        > hmmm ... might I hazard a guess that the Race option is setting up a
        > Skeleton or Skeletal Champion and *then* adding the Template on top???

        This is indeed what is happening in the data file.

        DS/DL