Re: [pcgen] Re: pdf output sheet with gold

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 27, 2012
      Quoting FerretDave (ferret.griffin@...):
      > For me its one of the differences between 'High' and 'Low' Fantasy to sort out just exactly how much of that treasure you can physically carry off with you, and how much you have to leave behind.
      > (with a low strength, one of my guys has enough problems carrying his basic equipment, never mind loot!)
      >
      > Then at the local village, they cant afford to give you change from a platinum piece for your one nights bed and board, bribing guards becomes an artform if you expect them to give you change too! - it soon becomes quite important as to what coinage you're actually carrying then :-)

      I agree with you, this *can* be very important. Depends strongly on the
      kind of game you are playing.

      So what about a Preferences setting, or better a Preference setting for
      defaults, and then a per-character setting once the character is created,
      that decides whether this conversion of funds to coins and back should be
      done? You can always choose to keep track of wealth manually then, but in
      cases this does not matter you are not forced to.

      I think that should be easy to add to the proposal. Or am I mistaken in
      that?

      Susan