Re: Format for PCC Source

  • Robert Ward
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 31, 2001
      Bryan,
      Question on setup of this:

      If you have a personall pcc file that pulls multiple lst files for
      same line (i.e.CLASS:phb\phbclass|fr\frclass| etc) how could you do
      the source listing here?

      It sounds like it can only take one SOURCE listing per file, but if
      I'm pulling multiple sources, then it won't work for me in the way I
      think you have it setup currently. Not that I'm that worried about
      it personally, since I own the source material in question, but some
      of my players don't. And since I just supply some personal lst files
      and my personal pcc file that pulls all the lst files with only one
      campaign needed to be loaded.

      Sorry about the rambling, but this is what happens when I run all day
      with only a few hours of sleep.

      -Robert Ward

    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 31, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
        > Bryan,
        > Question on setup of this:
        >
        > If you have a personall pcc file that pulls multiple lst files for
        > same line (i.e.CLASS:phb\phbclass|fr\frclass| etc) how could you do
        > the source listing here?

        You can have a SOURCE: tag on every line - you'll notice that on
        every line of phbrace.lst I have a SOURCE: tag to indicate the page
        number in the PHB. This wouldn't be affected by loading multiple
        source materials through one pcc file. The SOURCE: tag at the pcc
        level would serve as the default SOURCE: value for anything loaded
        through that pcc if it didn't already have it's own SOURCE tag. so if
        in myclass.lst I had
        someclass blad blah SOURCE:www.mysite.com/mycampaign/thisclass.html
        that value would overwrite whatever I had in the pcc file's SOURCE:
        tag. Is that clearer?

        -Bryan
      • Eric Statz
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 31, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., "Robert Ward" <rward30@h...> wrote:
          > Bryan,
          > Question on setup of this:
          >
          > If you have a personall pcc file that pulls multiple lst files for
          > same line (i.e.CLASS:phb\phbclass|fr\frclass| etc) how could you do
          > the source listing here?
          >
          > It sounds like it can only take one SOURCE listing per file, but if
          > I'm pulling multiple sources, then it won't work for me in the way
          > think you have it setup currently. Not that I'm that worried about
          > it personally, since I own the source material in question, but
          some
          > of my players don't. And since I just supply some personal lst
          files
          > and my personal pcc file that pulls all the lst files with only one
          > campaign needed to be loaded.
          >
          > Sorry about the rambling, but this is what happens when I run all
          day
          > with only a few hours of sleep.
          >
          > -Robert Ward

          There really isn't a way to do it cleanly in the pcc files. for the
          FR.pcc (which includes DMG, PHB, and FR stuff) I just included all
          three in the source line...

          SOURCE: PHB, DMG, FR Campaign Setting; (c) WOTC... etc

          not the best solution, but the best I could figure out.

          My guess is eventually we'll restrict pcc files so they only load a
          single sourcebook apiece, and something in turn loads them.

          (shrug)

          -Eric