Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

PCGen Board of Directors Meeting - January 10th, 2012

Expand Messages
  • Andrew
    Hi, [18:00] I have 6pm, local time. Let s begin [18:00] *Bangs Gavel* [18:00] Welcome to the PCGen Board of
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2012
    • 0 Attachment

      [18:00] <@Andrew[Chair]> I have 6pm, local time. Let's begin
      [18:00] <@Andrew[Chair]> *Bangs Gavel*
      [18:00] <@Andrew[Chair]> Welcome to the PCGen Board of Directors Meeting for January 10th, 2012 (6pm
      [18:01] <@Andrew[Chair]> Our Agenda for today - Team Reports
      [18:01] <@Andrew[Chair]> UI Progress Report
      [18:01] <@Andrew[Chair]> Other Business and Open Forum
      [18:01] <@Andrew[Chair]> I'll begin with the Admin Team Report -
      [18:01] <@Andrew[Chair]> JIRA got an update thanks to James. New Source has gotten revamped to
      reflect this change.
      [18:02] <@Andrew[Chair]> Release - Nothing Scheduled for the time being
      [18:02] <@Andrew[Chair]> Web - No activity on this front other than the JIRA work.
      [18:02] <@Andrew[Chair]> Onto Content -
      [18:03] <@Andrew[Chair]> Eclipse was reviewed and hammered by David Bender this past week. All four
      supporting game mode versions were cleared and now it's released in Alpha. Of course, some core sets
      (Mainly MSRD) got some work as a result to improve their interactivity.
      [18:04] <@Andrew[Chair]> I'm currently working on Outcastia Book II to get the other completed and
      pending NIG sources through the review as they require that core book (Book I won't be included in
      PCGen as there are no rules mechanics).
      [18:05] <@Andrew[Chair]> OS - No real movement here at this time.
      [18:05] <@Andrew[Chair]> Docs - Eric has been adding a few entries here.
      [18:06] <@Andrew[Chair]> On a side note - I've made contact with Axel who is the main guy with
      Headless Hydra Games. He's given us permission to include his materials, but I'm trying to get that
      in email format and the specific permission levels. Nice fellow.
      [18:06] <@Andrew[Chair]> Any questions pertaining to Admin or Content?
      [18:07] <PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Nope, sounds good to me...
      [18:07] <jamesd[Code_SB]> None here, all sounds good
      [18:08] <@Andrew[Chair]> Paul you're up next - *hands talking stick to Paul*
      [18:09] <[PR]Nylanfs> K, not much on the New Source front, clearing Into the Green v3.5e dataset.
      [18:09] <[PR]Nylanfs> We included the PF Society dataset since last meeting I believe
      [18:10] <[PR]Nylanfs> And on the publshing front D&D 5e was announcend :)
      [18:11] <[PR]Nylanfs> I plan on approaching the new licencing manager for the D&D brand as more
      details of the new license for 5e come out and see if there is anyway that PCGen can help
      [18:12] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Would be great if they used an open licence so we can support it in pcgen
      [18:12] <[PR]Nylanfs> And think that's about it. Any questions
      [18:12] <PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Nope, sounds good also....
      [18:12] <@Andrew[Chair]> Sounds good to me; David, anything to add from the Advert Team?
      [18:13] <PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> No, nothing from advert. However, I have made Jira filters, and I intend
      to do more work on lst coding for pathfinder over the next few months
      [18:13] <jamesd[Code_SB]> There was the Gencon announcement too
      [18:14] <[PR]Nylanfs> About D&D XP combining with GenCon?
      [18:15] <jamesd[Code_SB]> no us going to gencon
      [18:15] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Hadn't heard about the other
      [18:15] <[PR]Nylanfs> That was the only announcement I saw on GenCon
      [18:16] <[PR]Nylanfs> Well that was actually more on gaugeing the interest on us going to GenCon
      [18:16] <[PR]Nylanfs> Which we did recieve a couple of donations. And both Kar and Bryan thought it
      was a good idea
      [18:16] <jamesd[Code_SB]> true
      [18:17] <@Andrew[Chair]> Interesting we'll have to monitor that, sounds like going to GenCon would
      be a good thing then. James over to you for Arch and Code, with segway into UI. *Hands talking stick
      to James*
      [18:17] <jamesd[Code_SB]> ok
      [18:17] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Code has been busy since the last meeting.
      [18:17] <jamesd[Code_SB]> We have finalised 4 screens on the new UI (wrapping up earlier work), as
      well as completing 1 other new feature and fixing 7 bugs.
      [18:18] <jamesd[Code_SB]> On the arch side, Tom popped in with a few tidy-ups and was involved with
      a few discussions.
      [18:19] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The new UI is where most of the focus has been. It is now has sufficient
      coverage to start the work on bringing it into the main code base (trunk)
      [18:19] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The rough schedule for that is:
      [18:19] <jamesd[Code_SB]> 22 Jan 2012 - Release a new private beta of the new user interface.
      [18:20] <jamesd[Code_SB]> 22 Jan 2012 to 29 Jan 2012 - Receive feedback on the beta and make any
      necessary updates.
      [18:20] <jamesd[Code_SB]> 30 Jan 2012 to 5 Feb 2012 - Merge UI changes back to trunk and fix any
      arising issues.
      [18:20] <jamesd[Code_SB]> 5 Feb 2012 - Release 5.17.10 alpha with the new UI
      [18:21] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Any questions?
      [18:21] <@Andrew[Chair]> Sounds awesome to me. :)
      [18:21] <[PR]Nylanfs> why isn't it done already? :)
      [18:21] <jamesd[Code_SB]> :)
      [18:21] <PapaDRB[Ad_2nd]> Oh yea!!!!
      [18:22] <@Andrew[Chair]> Did you need any pounding on the new UI since the recent batch of updates?
      [18:22] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Feel free
      [18:22] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The newly completed areas are the three spells tabs and we have finalised
      the description tab now too
      [18:22] <@Andrew[Chair]> Sweet!
      [18:23] <[PR]Nylanfs> Update, Into the Green conversion set is cleared :)
      [18:23] <@Andrew[Chair]> Is the campaign chronicles working then?
      [18:23] <jamesd[Code_SB]> yep
      [18:23] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I'm not sure we have any output tags set up for it yet though
      [18:23] <@Andrew[Chair]> Nice, will we need any OS work to get that on the OS sheets?
      [18:24] <@Andrew[Chair]> @Paul - Thanks.
      [18:24] <jamesd[Code_SB]> First step will be defining the new OS tag for it and implementing that
      [18:25] <@Andrew[Chair]> Should we open a JIRA to raise that discussion? Or did you want to take
      that to _exp first?
      [18:26] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I'll raise a JIRA and then we should discuss on exp
      [18:26] <@Andrew[Chair]> Cool, I'll leave it to you then.
      [18:26] <@Andrew[Chair]> Any other business?
      [18:27] <jamesd[Code_SB]> I did have one to raise
      [18:27] <@Andrew[Chair]> Okay
      [18:28] <jamesd[Code_SB]> What do people think about adding some common home brew options to the
      PCGen source?
      [18:28] <@Andrew[Chair]> Can you elaborate that a bit more please.
      [18:28] <[PR]Nylanfs> Example?
      [18:29] <jamesd[Code_SB]> For example templates to add languages, skill points, special movement types
      [18:29] <@Andrew[Chair]> I don't see a problem with it myself
      [18:29] <jamesd[Code_SB]> That would avoid the need for people wanting to do simple things to code
      their own
      [18:30] <jamesd[Code_SB]> The question on the pcgen list today made me wonder how we could make it
      [18:30] <[PR]Nylanfs> As long as they are CLEARLY marked as homebrew options provided by PCGen.
      [18:31] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Yes the output should have something obvious such as "Non Rules Compliant
      Customisation: Extra language"
      [18:32] <@Andrew[Chair]> We'd have to expand the PCGen data set to work with all the gamemodes - but
      that shouldn't be hard to do.
      [18:32] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Cool, should I post a proposal to the exp list?
      [18:33] <[PR]Nylanfs> It wold be good
      [18:33] <@Andrew[Chair]> If you want, I think a Data FREQ JIRA would be more than sufficient to get
      the ball rolling
      [18:33] <[PR]Nylanfs> How will a list of common homebrew options be arrived at?
      [18:33] <jamesd[Code_SB]> In a similar vein, did the kits for wealth by level get included in a
      dataset, or should they live in this type of project also?
      [18:33] <[PR]Nylanfs> Just a general question to the main list?
      [18:33] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Spirited discussion no doubt :)
      [18:34] <[PR]Nylanfs> You mean the treasure kits or something different?
      [18:34] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Maybe if we get an initial proposal together and then post a summary to
      the main list and see if people have extra suggestions
      [18:35] <jamesd[Code_SB]> http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-496 - looks like it is all done
      [18:36] <@Andrew[Chair]> Sounds good to me. Anything else?
      [18:36] <[PR]Nylanfs> Well if it's in the PRD then why not include it in the Pathfinder set
      [18:37] <jamesd[Code_SB]> Nothing further from me
      [18:38] <@Andrew[Chair]> Thanks for coming everyone. Meeting is hereby adjourned. *Bangs Gavel*
      Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
      Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.