Re: [pcgen] Pathfinder Society question

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012

      On 1/10/2012 3:10 PM, Timothy Reaves wrote:
      > O.K., I've created a template with a source of "BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1".
      > I've added it to my character. Is it supposed to do something? Becasue it
      > doesn't let me select a new language.

      Check your preferences - Enable 'Allow Selection of Int Bonus Languages after 1st level' under the
      House Rules section.

      Cheers,

      > On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Timothy Reaves
      > <treaves@...>wrote:
      >
      >> You do that to create a template? No wonder I couldn't figure it out...
      >>

      >> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...>wrote:
      >>
      >>> Start up PCGen and using the help, "list file", "list file class",
      >>> "class 18"
      >>>
      >>> -- david
      >>> Papa.DRB
      >>>
      >>> My better half and me (jpg)
      >>> <
      >>> https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610
      >>> Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
      >>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>

      >>> For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
      >>> believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

      >>> new

      >>> not

      >>> language

      >>> BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1

      >>> Language'

      >>> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

      >>> PCGen List File Help:
      >>>
      >>> PCGen Experimental:
      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Timothy Reaves
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
        Even though my character does have an int bonus, even setting that house
        rule does not allow the selection of another language...

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
          Did you try restarting the program?

          I created the template
          - saved the file.
          Started PCGen
          Create New Character
          Stats all 11's
          Add Template
          Languages allow 1 selection.

          It appears the code works...

          Can you repeat the steps and see if it works for at least a new character? If it's not working in
          either case, then we'll need to drill down and find the root of the issue.

          Cheers,

        • Timothy Reaves
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
            I finally figured out how to do it with a template. Thanks all.