Re: [James] Re: [pcgen] Custom feats, spells, etc. save problem

  • Jon Leeke
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
      I have installed to a different location and still haven't been able to
      save some customer items (feats in my case). What do you mean by
      unchecking "writeprotect?" Are you referring to "Read only?"

      Thanks!

      On 1/9/2012 8:35 AM, Distant Scholar wrote:

      > For future reference: On Windows machines, it's probably
      > better/safer/easier to install PCGen somewhere other than Program
      > Files (or other system areas). I certainly had my own share of
      > troubles before I switched.
      >
      > I had thought the default location for the Windows installer had
      > changed, but maybe that hasn't gone through the process yet.
      >
      > DS/DL
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "lars_ef" <lars_ef@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Oh dear.
      > >
      > > I found out that unchecking writeprot on EVERYTHING related to PCGen
      > resolved the issue. Don't know which bit that needed it, but it works now.
      > >

      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Andrew <drew0500@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > James - Is this something we've already fixed?

      > pcgen.gui.tabs.spells.SpellModel.getSpellcastingClasses(Unknown Source)
      > pcgen.gui.tabs.spells.InfoKnownSpells.createAvailableModel(Unknown Source)
      > pcgen.gui.tabs.spells.InfoSpellsSubTab.updateAvailableModel(Unknown
      > Source)
      > pcgen.gui.tabs.spells.InfoKnownSpells.updateCharacterInfo(Unknown Source)
      > Source)
      > java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
      > Source)
      > pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
      > Source)
      > Source)
      > > > >

      > > > --
      > > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > > > Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
      > > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > > > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
        Quoting Jon Leeke (liopleuridon@...):
        > I have installed to a different location and still haven't been able to
        > save some customer items (feats in my case). What do you mean by
        > unchecking "writeprotect?" Are you referring to "Read only?"

        In the Preferences tab there is a checkbox controlling whether custom items
        should be saved or not. Is that setting such that saving is done?
        (Sorry, no PCGen on this machine, so I cannot give you more detailed
        information as to where to find it.)

        Hope that helps,

        Susan
      • Jon Leeke
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
          On 1/10/2012 1:16 PM, Susan Dittmar wrote:

          > Quoting Jon Leeke (liopleuridon@...
          > <mailto:liopleuridon%40gmail.com>):
          > > I have installed to a different location and still haven't been able to
          > > save some customer items (feats in my case). What do you mean by
          > > unchecking "writeprotect?" Are you referring to "Read only?"
          >
          > In the Preferences tab there is a checkbox controlling whether custom
          > items
          > should be saved or not. Is that setting such that saving is done?
          > (Sorry, no PCGen on this machine, so I cannot give you more detailed
          > information as to where to find it.)
          >
          > Hope that helps,
          >
          > Susan

          Thanks, it seems to be about equipment, and it's checked. My issues are
          with Feats only. Spells and items save.