Re: [pcgen] Pathfinder Society question

  • Timothy Reaves
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
      Would some one please point me to the docs on how to create one of these
      please?

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
        Start up PCGen and using the help, "list file", "list file class",
        "class 18"

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

      • Timothy Reaves
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
          You do that to create a template? No wonder I couldn't figure it out...

        • Timothy Reaves
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
            O.K., I've created a template with a source of "BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1".
            I've added it to my character. Is it supposed to do something? Becasue it
            doesn't let me select a new language.

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
              Hi,

              On 1/10/2012 3:10 PM, Timothy Reaves wrote:
              > O.K., I've created a template with a source of "BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1".
              > I've added it to my character. Is it supposed to do something? Becasue it
              > doesn't let me select a new language.

              Check your preferences - Enable 'Allow Selection of Int Bonus Languages after 1st level' under the
              House Rules section.

              Cheers,

              > On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Timothy Reaves
              > <treaves@...>wrote:
              >
              >> You do that to create a template? No wonder I couldn't figure it out...
              >>

              >> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...>wrote:
              >>
              >>> Start up PCGen and using the help, "list file", "list file class",
              >>> "class 18"
              >>>
              >>> -- david
              >>> Papa.DRB
              >>>
              >>> My better half and me (jpg)
              >>> <
              >>> https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610
              >>> Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
              >>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>

              >>> For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
              >>> believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

              >>> new

              >>> not

              >>> language

              >>> BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1

              >>> Language'

              >>> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

              >>> PCGen List File Help:
              >>>
              >>> PCGen Experimental:
              >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Timothy Reaves
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                Even though my character does have an int bonus, even setting that house
                rule does not allow the selection of another language...

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                  Did you try restarting the program?

                  I created the template
                  - saved the file.
                  Started PCGen
                  Create New Character
                  Stats all 11's
                  Add Template
                  Languages allow 1 selection.

                  It appears the code works...

                  Can you repeat the steps and see if it works for at least a new character? If it's not working in
                  either case, then we'll need to drill down and find the root of the issue.

                  Cheers,

                • Timothy Reaves
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                    I finally figured out how to do it with a template. Thanks all.