Re: Pathfinder Society question

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 9, 2012
      Greetings,

      Sounds like an Ability Pool, to apply (hidden) scenario specific templates to gain the benefits.

      and probably another set of (visible) templates to indicate 'completed scenario: X', which increase the number of points in the ability pool? (one per official scenario I guess?)

      I dont use PFS, just suggesting a method that I think would be easy (ish).

      Cheers

      > Hi Timothy!
      >
      > PCGen does not currently distribute a PFS set but I know one is in development. I'd have to check to see if we are implementing a Prestige Point mechanic but in the end we should implement some way to add the prestige awards purchased with prestige points. That I know should be easily possible as long as we have a clear definition of what those awards are. I note that the table of such awards in the Guide to the PFS are all one-time things that do not require a pp implementation.
      >
      > Maredudd
      >
      > Timothy Reaves wrote:
      >
      > > Well, it's not exactly free. It requires one prestige point (with,
      > > incidentally, is something that I can't seem to find supported in PCGen).
      > > The scenario is #3-06, Song of the Sea Witch. For my characters assistance
      > > in recovering the Celestial Song and Infernal Incantation, my character is
      > > allowed to spend one prestige point to study ether of the books, which
      > > grants then either Celestial (for study of the Infernal Incantation) of
      > > Infernal (for study of the Celestial Song).
      > >
      > > On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi Timothy!
      > > >
      > > > Which scenario? If we can detrmine which mechanism is used to grant the
      > > > language we can better determine how to help.
      > > >
      > > > Maredudd
      > > >
      > > > Sent from my iPhone

      > > > PCGen List File Help:

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Lee Dowd
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 9, 2012
        Actually you can get several during a scenario.  I believe it's one for completeing it and forget whether it's one or 2 more for completeing faction goals.  They can be spent on a number of things including equipment I believe.  It's on the web site.

        Lee

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
          Would some one please point me to the docs on how to create one of these
          please?

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
            Start up PCGen and using the help, "list file", "list file class",
            "class 18"

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

          • Timothy Reaves
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
              You do that to create a template? No wonder I couldn't figure it out...

            • Timothy Reaves
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                O.K., I've created a template with a source of "BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1".
                I've added it to my character. Is it supposed to do something? Becasue it
                doesn't let me select a new language.

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012

                  On 1/10/2012 3:10 PM, Timothy Reaves wrote:
                  > O.K., I've created a template with a source of "BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1".
                  > I've added it to my character. Is it supposed to do something? Becasue it
                  > doesn't let me select a new language.

                  Check your preferences - Enable 'Allow Selection of Int Bonus Languages after 1st level' under the
                  House Rules section.

                  Cheers,

                  > On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Timothy Reaves
                  > <treaves@...>wrote:
                  >
                  >> You do that to create a template? No wonder I couldn't figure it out...
                  >>

                  >> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...>wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Start up PCGen and using the help, "list file", "list file class",
                  >>> "class 18"
                  >>>
                  >>> -- david
                  >>> Papa.DRB
                  >>>
                  >>> My better half and me (jpg)
                  >>> <
                  >>> https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610
                  >>> Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                  >>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>

                  >>> For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
                  >>> believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

                  >>> new

                  >>> not

                  >>> language

                  >>> BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1

                  >>> Language'

                  >>> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

                  >>> PCGen List File Help:
                  >>>
                  >>> PCGen Experimental:
                  >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Timothy Reaves
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                    Even though my character does have an int bonus, even setting that house
                    rule does not allow the selection of another language...

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                      Did you try restarting the program?

                      I created the template
                      - saved the file.
                      Started PCGen
                      Create New Character
                      Stats all 11's
                      Add Template
                      Languages allow 1 selection.

                      It appears the code works...

                      Can you repeat the steps and see if it works for at least a new character? If it's not working in
                      either case, then we'll need to drill down and find the root of the issue.

                      Cheers,

                    • Timothy Reaves
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                        I finally figured out how to do it with a template. Thanks all.