Re: [pcgen] Pathfinder Society question

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 8, 2012
      Hello again Timothy!

      I just realized that we have a PFS set ready to go out with the next release, and it does not seem to have a prestige point implementation included.

      Maredudd

      On Jan 8, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Eric C Smith wrote:

      > Hi Timothy!
      >
      > PCGen does not currently distribute a PFS set but I know one is in development. I'd have to check to see if we are implementing a Prestige Point mechanic but in the end we should implement some way to add the prestige awards purchased with prestige points. That I know should be easily possible as long as we have a clear definition of what those awards are. I note that the table of such awards in the Guide to the PFS are all one-time things that do not require a pp implementation.
      >
      > Maredudd
      >
      > Timothy Reaves wrote:
      >
      >> Well, it's not exactly free. It requires one prestige point (with,
      >> incidentally, is something that I can't seem to find supported in PCGen).
      >> The scenario is #3-06, Song of the Sea Witch. For my characters assistance
      >> in recovering the Celestial Song and Infernal Incantation, my character is
      >> allowed to spend one prestige point to study ether of the books, which
      >> grants then either Celestial (for study of the Infernal Incantation) of
      >> Infernal (for study of the Celestial Song).
      >>
      >> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>wrote:
      >>
      >>> Hi Timothy!
      >>>
      >>> Which scenario? If we can detrmine which mechanism is used to grant the
      >>> language we can better determine how to help.
      >>>
      >>> Maredudd
      >>>
      >>> Sent from my iPhone

      >>> PCGen List File Help:

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Timothy Reaves
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 8, 2012
        I'd like to give this a try, but, I can not figure out how to create a new
        template. I see where to add existing ones, but that's it.

        On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >

        > On 1/7/2012 6:20 PM, Timothy Reaves wrote:
        > > I just completed a scenario that grants me an extra language. I can not
        > > figure out how to get PCGen to allow me to add it to my character. When
        > > go to the languages section, it shows 0 available. Any help appreciated.
        >
        > Interesting - I've never heard of free languages before.
        >

        > You have a few options.
        >
        > 1) If you know the language granted - Make a Template Called "Free
        > Language (Common)" or whatever
        > the language you want
        >
        > Free Language (Common)
        > LANGAUTO:Common
        >
        > Tada, easy as apple pie. Apply the template and you have a new language
        > 'Common'.
        >
        > 2) Create a Template call it whatever and place BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1
        > in it
        >
        > Free Language Slot
        > BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1
        >
        > 3) You can give yourself an extra skill point and take 'Speak Language'
        > take the language you want.
        >
        > Either method will work, though I think #2 is the one you'll prefer.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Cheers,

        > > PCGen List File Help:
        > >
        > > PCGen Experimental:
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        > PCGen List File Help:

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 9, 2012
          Greetings,

          Sounds like an Ability Pool, to apply (hidden) scenario specific templates to gain the benefits.

          and probably another set of (visible) templates to indicate 'completed scenario: X', which increase the number of points in the ability pool? (one per official scenario I guess?)

          I dont use PFS, just suggesting a method that I think would be easy (ish).

          Cheers

          > Hi Timothy!
          >
          > PCGen does not currently distribute a PFS set but I know one is in development. I'd have to check to see if we are implementing a Prestige Point mechanic but in the end we should implement some way to add the prestige awards purchased with prestige points. That I know should be easily possible as long as we have a clear definition of what those awards are. I note that the table of such awards in the Guide to the PFS are all one-time things that do not require a pp implementation.
          >
          > Maredudd
          >
          > Timothy Reaves wrote:
          >
          > > Well, it's not exactly free. It requires one prestige point (with,
          > > incidentally, is something that I can't seem to find supported in PCGen).
          > > The scenario is #3-06, Song of the Sea Witch. For my characters assistance
          > > in recovering the Celestial Song and Infernal Incantation, my character is
          > > allowed to spend one prestige point to study ether of the books, which
          > > grants then either Celestial (for study of the Infernal Incantation) of
          > > Infernal (for study of the Celestial Song).
          > >
          > > On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...>wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hi Timothy!
          > > >
          > > > Which scenario? If we can detrmine which mechanism is used to grant the
          > > > language we can better determine how to help.
          > > >
          > > > Maredudd
          > > >
          > > > Sent from my iPhone

          > > > PCGen List File Help:

          > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Lee Dowd
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 9, 2012
            Actually you can get several during a scenario.  I believe it's one for completeing it and forget whether it's one or 2 more for completeing faction goals.  They can be spent on a number of things including equipment I believe.  It's on the web site.

            Lee

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
              Would some one please point me to the docs on how to create one of these
              please?

            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                Start up PCGen and using the help, "list file", "list file class",
                "class 18"

                -- david
                Papa.DRB

                My better half and me (jpg)

              • Timothy Reaves
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                  You do that to create a template? No wonder I couldn't figure it out...

                • Timothy Reaves
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                    O.K., I've created a template with a source of "BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1".
                    I've added it to my character. Is it supposed to do something? Becasue it
                    doesn't let me select a new language.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012

                      On 1/10/2012 3:10 PM, Timothy Reaves wrote:
                      > O.K., I've created a template with a source of "BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1".
                      > I've added it to my character. Is it supposed to do something? Becasue it
                      > doesn't let me select a new language.

                      Check your preferences - Enable 'Allow Selection of Int Bonus Languages after 1st level' under the
                      House Rules section.

                      Cheers,

                      > On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Timothy Reaves
                      > <treaves@...>wrote:
                      >
                      >> You do that to create a template? No wonder I couldn't figure it out...
                      >>

                      >> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...>wrote:
                      >>
                      >>> Start up PCGen and using the help, "list file", "list file class",
                      >>> "class 18"
                      >>>
                      >>> -- david
                      >>> Papa.DRB
                      >>>
                      >>> My better half and me (jpg)
                      >>> <
                      >>> https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610
                      >>> Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
                      >>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>

                      >>> For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
                      >>> believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

                      >>> new

                      >>> not

                      >>> language

                      >>> BONUS:LANGUAGES|NUMBER|1

                      >>> Language'

                      >>> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

                      >>> PCGen List File Help:
                      >>>
                      >>> PCGen Experimental:
                      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Timothy Reaves
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                        Even though my character does have an int bonus, even setting that house
                        rule does not allow the selection of another language...

                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                          Did you try restarting the program?

                          I created the template
                          - saved the file.
                          Started PCGen
                          Create New Character
                          Stats all 11's
                          Add Template
                          Languages allow 1 selection.

                          It appears the code works...

                          Can you repeat the steps and see if it works for at least a new character? If it's not working in
                          either case, then we'll need to drill down and find the root of the issue.

                          Cheers,

                        • Timothy Reaves
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 10, 2012
                            I finally figured out how to do it with a template. Thanks all.