Re: Can I create my own Prestige Class and...

  • brentab@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2001
      All you need to do is copy a campaign setting, rename things, and
      modify.

      For example...
      1) Copy the 'fr' directory and rename it 'homebrew'
      2) rename frclass.lst to hb_class.lst
      3) open up hb_class.lst and find one prestige class that's similar to
      the one you want... delete the others
      4) modify the class as appropriate (read the docs.. can't help you
      here)
      5) copy the fr.pcc file to be homebrew.pcc
      6) comment out all the references except to CLASS, and change
      CAMPAIGN to Homebrew
      7) change the class file reference to point to your
      homebrew/hb_class.lst file and the
      8) boot pcgen and load the Homebrew list

      Now your new prestige class should be available. As you have new
      items/spells/etc that you want to add, start modifying the other
      homebrew files as appropriate. Eventually you'll have all of your
      home rules items/spells/etc inside this one directory so that you can
      share them with your gaming group.

      You do NOT want to modify the core files because it'll be overwritten
      with each upgrade, hence the creation of your own directory.