Re: vi syntax file for lst?

  • resident
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 5, 2012
      Thanks Karianna. :)

      I'm gratified that you all have continued to do such good work with PCGen! My current campaign is Pathfinder, so PCGen's foray into that has been helpful.

      -Bryan

      > And welcome back Mr Monk, has been awhile :-)
      >
      > On 4 January 2012 19:02, resident <merton_monk@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Wow... I still use vi when I'm on a unix system. I never liked emacs.
      > > Since the lst files are tab delimited, using an editor that handles that
      > > kind of white-space delimiter is handy. Excel does a lot of the work for
      > > you in that regard. :)
      > > It's always been a desire to get the built-in editors to the point where
      > > external file editors aren't necessary.
      > >
      > > -Bryan
      > > p.s. Happy New Year everyone!

    • Henk Slaaf
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 6, 2012

        > Thanks to Henk for that one.
        > There is a pcgen.vim file (seems to have disappeared from the files, so
        > I've just uploaded here:

        Ha!

        Nice to see that someone else is using it :)

        The file is in SVN here:
        https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/

        Best,

        Henk

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 6, 2012
          It's most handy, and much appreciated!

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Henk Slaaf <henk@...> wrote:

          > > Thanks to Henk for that one.
          > > There is a pcgen.vim file (seems to have disappeared from the files, so
          > > I've just uploaded here:
          > >
          > Ha!
          >
          > Nice to see that someone else is using it :)
          >
          > The file is in SVN here:
          > https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Henk

        • RoninKelt
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 6, 2012
            Both of the ones in svn are totally different than the one on the files section here. These are all 3 useful, I'm going to use them to make a ftplugin and a syntax file with lots of handy tools. Still working on this in my spare time so bear with me, please.

            Dave
          • Henk Slaaf
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 7, 2012
              On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 07:40, RoninKelt <deltadave@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Both of the ones in svn are totally different than the one on the files
              > section here. These are all 3 useful, I'm going to use them to make a
              > ftplugin and a syntax file with lots of handy tools. Still working on this
              > in my spare time so bear with me, please.

              Hey Dave!

              Which two are in SVN? I know of only the one I linked to (and wrote/pieced
              together).

              Best,

              Henk

            • RoninKelt
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 9, 2012
                In SVN is a ftplugin at https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/vimrc/ftplugin/ - this only contains a couple of lines that point to a perl utility

                also in svn is a syntax file - https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/editor%20syntax/vim/ - this file has some good stuff in it such as a couple of regex that I hadn't quite worked out yet.

                Work progresses on my syntax file and the plan is to integrate the parts I like from each of these files, but things are moving slowly as I'm working 70+ hours a week until I deliver my current project at the end of February.

                Dave