RE: [pcgen] vi syntax file for lst?

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2012

      If we have any, they're here:

      http://wiki.pcgen.org/Text_Editors

      Barak
    • RoninKelt
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 2, 2012
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]

        This was greatly helpful - I'm going to adapt one of these to vi. Will share back as soon as I can get it working to my satisfaction.

        Dave
      • resident
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 4, 2012
          Wow... I still use vi when I'm on a unix system. I never liked emacs. Since the lst files are tab delimited, using an editor that handles that kind of white-space delimiter is handy. Excel does a lot of the work for you in that regard. :)
          It's always been a desire to get the built-in editors to the point where external file editors aren't necessary.

          -Bryan
          p.s. Happy New Year everyone!

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "RoninKelt" <deltadave@...> wrote:

        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 4, 2012
            And welcome back Mr Monk, has been awhile :-)

            On 4 January 2012 19:02, resident <merton_monk@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Wow... I still use vi when I'm on a unix system. I never liked emacs.
            > Since the lst files are tab delimited, using an editor that handles that
            > kind of white-space delimiter is handy. Excel does a lot of the work for
            > you in that regard. :)
            > It's always been a desire to get the built-in editors to the point where
            > external file editors aren't necessary.
            >
            > -Bryan
            > p.s. Happy New Year everyone!

          • FerretDave
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 5, 2012
              Greetings,

              I use 'vim' (VI iMproved) and use that on windows & unix (touch typist - I use the keyboard as much as possible).

              in the _vimrc file (in the c:\program files\vim\ directory) I've added:
              syntax on
              filetype on
              au BufNewFile,BufRead *.lst,*.pcc set ft=pcge

              " henk@... developed these mappings to map horizontal alignment to vertical alignment
              "(F2) and back (F3) in vim.
              " Press F2 when opening a file, press F3 before saving the file.
              " Do not press F2 more than once. Add comments, but always use two newlines,
              "> two before the comment line, two after.

              nmap <F2> :%!perl -p -e "s/\n/\n\n/g ; s/\t+/\n\t/g;"<CR>
              nmap <F3> :%!perl -e "undef $/; my $lst = <>; $lst =~ s/\n(?\!\n)//gsm; $lst =~ s/\n\n/\n/g; print $lst"<CR>

              "This works, but loses the number of tabs between the lines. This is not a
              "problem of you run prettylst.pl in between commits. This ensures a terse
              "diff, but would add a large diff if commits are made that do not use
              "prettylst.

              goes into C:\Program Files\Vim\vimfiles\syntax

              Can someone add the above onto the wiki setup notes for vim please?
              http://wiki.pcgen.org/Vim_Setup

              Cheers
              Dave

              > And welcome back Mr Monk, has been awhile :-)
              >
              > On 4 January 2012 19:02, resident <merton_monk@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Wow... I still use vi when I'm on a unix system. I never liked emacs.
              > > Since the lst files are tab delimited, using an editor that handles that
              > > kind of white-space delimiter is handy. Excel does a lot of the work for
              > > you in that regard. :)
              > > It's always been a desire to get the built-in editors to the point where
              > > external file editors aren't necessary.
              > >
              > > -Bryan
              > > p.s. Happy New Year everyone!

            • FerretDave
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 5, 2012
                ok, that pcgen.vim syntax file is partially broken, works on some files, but gives errors on others (an abilities_mod.lst file failed, but several others worked ok)
                Its a starting point at least.

                And you can quit past the errors and still edit the file ok.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

                > Greetings,
                >
                > I use 'vim' (VI iMproved) and use that on windows & unix (touch typist - I use the keyboard as much as possible).
                >
                > in the _vimrc file (in the c:\program files\vim\ directory) I've added:
                > syntax on
                > filetype on
                > au BufNewFile,BufRead *.lst,*.pcc set ft=pcge
                >
                > " henk@... developed these mappings to map horizontal alignment to vertical alignment
                > "(F2) and back (F3) in vim.
                > " Press F2 when opening a file, press F3 before saving the file.
                > " Do not press F2 more than once. Add comments, but always use two newlines,
                > "> two before the comment line, two after.
                >
                > nmap <F2> :%!perl -p -e "s/\n/\n\n/g ; s/\t+/\n\t/g;"<CR>
                > nmap <F3> :%!perl -e "undef $/; my $lst = <>; $lst =~ s/\n(?\!\n)//gsm; $lst =~ s/\n\n/\n/g; print $lst"<CR>
                >
                > "This works, but loses the number of tabs between the lines. This is not a
                > "problem of you run prettylst.pl in between commits. This ensures a terse
                > "diff, but would add a large diff if commits are made that do not use
                > "prettylst.

                > goes into C:\Program Files\Vim\vimfiles\syntax
                >
                > Can someone add the above onto the wiki setup notes for vim please?
                > http://wiki.pcgen.org/Vim_Setup
                >

                > Cheers
                > Dave
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                > >
                > > And welcome back Mr Monk, has been awhile :-)
                > >
                > > On 4 January 2012 19:02, resident <merton_monk@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > **
                > > >

                > > > Wow... I still use vi when I'm on a unix system. I never liked emacs.
                > > > Since the lst files are tab delimited, using an editor that handles that
                > > > kind of white-space delimiter is handy. Excel does a lot of the work for
                > > > you in that regard. :)
                > > > It's always been a desire to get the built-in editors to the point where
                > > > external file editors aren't necessary.
                > > >
                > > > -Bryan
                > > > p.s. Happy New Year everyone!

              • resident
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 5, 2012
                  Thanks Karianna. :)

                  I'm gratified that you all have continued to do such good work with PCGen! My current campaign is Pathfinder, so PCGen's foray into that has been helpful.

                  -Bryan

                  > And welcome back Mr Monk, has been awhile :-)
                  >
                  > On 4 January 2012 19:02, resident <merton_monk@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Wow... I still use vi when I'm on a unix system. I never liked emacs.
                  > > Since the lst files are tab delimited, using an editor that handles that
                  > > kind of white-space delimiter is handy. Excel does a lot of the work for
                  > > you in that regard. :)
                  > > It's always been a desire to get the built-in editors to the point where
                  > > external file editors aren't necessary.
                  > >
                  > > -Bryan
                  > > p.s. Happy New Year everyone!

                • Henk Slaaf
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 6, 2012

                    > Thanks to Henk for that one.
                    > There is a pcgen.vim file (seems to have disappeared from the files, so
                    > I've just uploaded here:

                    Ha!

                    Nice to see that someone else is using it :)

                    The file is in SVN here:
                    https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/

                    Best,

                    Henk

                  • FerretDave
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 6, 2012
                      It's most handy, and much appreciated!

                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Henk Slaaf <henk@...> wrote:

                      > > Thanks to Henk for that one.
                      > > There is a pcgen.vim file (seems to have disappeared from the files, so
                      > > I've just uploaded here:
                      > >
                      > Ha!
                      >
                      > Nice to see that someone else is using it :)
                      >
                      > The file is in SVN here:
                      > https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/
                      >
                      > Best,
                      >
                      > Henk

                    • RoninKelt
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 6, 2012
                        Both of the ones in svn are totally different than the one on the files section here. These are all 3 useful, I'm going to use them to make a ftplugin and a syntax file with lots of handy tools. Still working on this in my spare time so bear with me, please.

                        Dave
                      • Henk Slaaf
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 7, 2012
                          On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 07:40, RoninKelt <deltadave@...> wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > Both of the ones in svn are totally different than the one on the files
                          > section here. These are all 3 useful, I'm going to use them to make a
                          > ftplugin and a syntax file with lots of handy tools. Still working on this
                          > in my spare time so bear with me, please.

                          Hey Dave!

                          Which two are in SVN? I know of only the one I linked to (and wrote/pieced
                          together).

                          Best,

                          Henk

                        • RoninKelt
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 9, 2012
                            In SVN is a ftplugin at https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/vimrc/ftplugin/ - this only contains a couple of lines that point to a perl utility

                            also in svn is a syntax file - https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/utilities/editor%20syntax/vim/ - this file has some good stuff in it such as a couple of regex that I hadn't quite worked out yet.

                            Work progresses on my syntax file and the plan is to integrate the parts I like from each of these files, but things are moving slowly as I'm working 70+ hours a week until I deliver my current project at the end of February.

                            Dave