Re: pathfinder + APG - two-handed fighter archteype

  • pshipley@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
      I've always had a problem with Weapon Training (for any Fighter, even straight from Core). The bonus is sometimes not applied if you've been using pcgen for working with any other characters and/or on first creation. I replicated the issue you describe: but if I save, shut down pcgen completely, restart and then reload I have the bonuses correctly applied.

      OP: Please confirm that the issue persists after a clean start on pcgen and appropriate character load.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:

      > On 27/12/2011 05:15, Andrew wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Open a JIRA please to follow the status of this Data Bug.
      >
      > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-493
      >
      > thanks!
      >
      > Oh - Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!
      >

      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > On 12/26/2011 9:29 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
      > >> PFRPG + APG, PCGen 5.17.9
      > >> for the Two-handed Fighter archetype, Weapon training is supposed to be
      > >> "as normal" but only for two-handed melee weapons.
      > >>
      > >> For the Orc Fighter I am building, with Greatsword, he can take "weapon
      > >> training (heavy blandes)" but it has no visible effect on the stats for
      > >> the greatsword (which is otherwise clearly a two-handed weapon, and a
      > >> heavy blade)
      > >>

      > --
      > Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      > ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
      > Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
      > Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

    • Saxum Caribetum
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
        On 02/01/2012 10:32, pshipley@... wrote:
        > I've always had a problem with Weapon Training (for any Fighter, even straight from Core). The bonus is sometimes not applied if you've been using pcgen for working with any other characters and/or on first creation. I replicated the issue you describe: but if I save, shut down pcgen completely, restart and then reload I have the bonuses correctly applied.
        >
        > OP: Please confirm that the issue persists after a clean start on pcgen and appropriate character load.

        clean start, brand new character from scratch

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
          On 02/01/2012 10:45, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          > On 02/01/2012 10:32, pshipley@... wrote:
          >> I've always had a problem with Weapon Training (for any Fighter, even
          >> straight from Core). The bonus is sometimes not applied if you've
          >> been using pcgen for working with any other characters and/or on
          >> first creation. I replicated the issue you describe: but if I save,
          >> shut down pcgen completely, restart and then reload I have the
          >> bonuses correctly applied.
          >>
          >> OP: Please confirm that the issue persists after a clean start on
          >> pcgen and appropriate character load.
          >
          > clean start, brand new character from scratch

          sorry - mis-read the question...
          OK - saved and re-opened (with a non-magical greataxe equipped.)

          Orc, L7, Str 25 (+2 belt)
          Str bonus +7 Atk, +7 Dam, +10 2H
          BAB +7/+2
          Feats: Weapon Focus (Greataxe), Weapon Specialization (Greataxe)
          Class feature: Weapon Training (axes)

          Greataxe is listed as +15/+10, 1D12+12
          Atk accounts for BAB (7) + Str (7) + Weapon Focus (+1) -- but not Weapon
          Training
          Dam accounts for Str (10) + Specialization (2) -- but not Weapon training

          --
          Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2012
            Please download the latest SVN and verify
            http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-496 is correct. Please close the Jira
            then if all is ok, thanks,

            -- david
            Papa.DRB