Re: Making a Pathfinder character...

  • shakauvm
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2011
      > usual questions: which version of PCGen are you now using, and which
      > data set sources are loaded?

      Most recent stable release, with the most recent Pathfinder update, both from the main page on PCGen's sourceforge site.

      > On the Skills tab, I see "Skill points left for class:" Wizard/1 [7/7]
      > -- which is correct.

      Yeah, I did all those, but it shows 5/5 for me.

      > PCGen doesn't put the Favored Class skill points in the budget of skill
      > points (a feature which I myself find confusing when checking older
      > version characters)

      Is there a fix, other than just manually giving yourself a bonus skill point?

      Thanks!

      -Bill Kerney
    • Saxum Caribetum
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
        On 01/01/2012 07:05, shakauvm wrote:
        >> usual questions: which version of PCGen are you now using, and which
        >> data set sources are loaded?
        > Most recent stable release, with the most recent Pathfinder update, both from the main page on PCGen's sourceforge site.

        Pathfinder being under active development, you might consider the latest
        Alpha: 5.17.9 - it's in good shape, and has the latest coding for
        Pathfinder. I'm active in *using* PCGen with Pathfinder, and keep myself
        up at the front end of releases, so as to get the APG and other goodies.

        >> On the Skills tab, I see "Skill points left for class:" Wizard/1 [7/7]
        >> -- which is correct.
        > Yeah, I did all those, but it shows 5/5 for me.

        try 5.17.9?

        >> PCGen doesn't put the Favored Class skill points in the budget of skill
        >> points (a feature which I myself find confusing when checking older
        >> version characters)
        > Is there a fix, other than just manually giving yourself a bonus skill point?

        for Favoured Class Skills - just don't fret!
        PCGen counts the fixed, non-optional skill points, but the Favoured
        Class point is a choice by the player.

        Use the Favoured Class option to add the Skill Point, and the skill list
        will show the skills. (It will end up showing you as spending more
        points than the class granted, but that is actually correct.)

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"