Re: [pcgen] HELP!

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 31, 2011
      Hi Dawna,

      On 1/01/2012 2:16 PM Dawna Camden wrote
      > How do I delete a character?
      Characters are stored as files, generally named after your character but
      you can change the name when you save. You can delete the character by
      deleting the file. To find out where the character is stored, open the
      character and select Files > Saves As. The path displayed in the "Save
      In" drop-down will be the folder in which your character file is
      located. Open that folder and then deleting the character file will
      permanently delete your character.

      Cheers,
      James.
    • senseileroof
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 1, 2012

        > Hi Dawna,
        >
        > On 1/01/2012 2:16 PM Dawna Camden wrote
        > > How do I delete a character?
        > Characters are stored as files, generally named after your character but
        > you can change the name when you save. You can delete the character by
        > deleting the file. To find out where the character is stored, open the
        > character and select Files > Saves As. The path displayed in the "Save
        > In" drop-down will be the folder in which your character file is
        > located. Open that folder and then deleting the character file will
        > permanently delete your character.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James.

        Even more simply, you should be able to delete the file while in the Open dialog, once you find it.
      • UnclePete
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 2, 2012
          > Even more simply, you should be able to delete the file while in the
          Open dialog, once you find it.

          Actually, this is dependant on your operating system and desktop
          manager. For example, Windows XP behaves this way, Ubuntu with gnome2
          does not. I can't speak for other combinations.

          Pete