HELP!

  • Dawna Camden
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 31, 2011
      How do I delete a character?

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 31, 2011
        Hi Dawna,

        On 1/01/2012 2:16 PM Dawna Camden wrote
        > How do I delete a character?
        Characters are stored as files, generally named after your character but
        you can change the name when you save. You can delete the character by
        deleting the file. To find out where the character is stored, open the
        character and select Files > Saves As. The path displayed in the "Save
        In" drop-down will be the folder in which your character file is
        located. Open that folder and then deleting the character file will
        permanently delete your character.

        Cheers,
        James.
      • senseileroof
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 1, 2012

          > Hi Dawna,
          >
          > On 1/01/2012 2:16 PM Dawna Camden wrote
          > > How do I delete a character?
          > Characters are stored as files, generally named after your character but
          > you can change the name when you save. You can delete the character by
          > deleting the file. To find out where the character is stored, open the
          > character and select Files > Saves As. The path displayed in the "Save
          > In" drop-down will be the folder in which your character file is
          > located. Open that folder and then deleting the character file will
          > permanently delete your character.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James.

          Even more simply, you should be able to delete the file while in the Open dialog, once you find it.
        • UnclePete
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 2, 2012
            > Even more simply, you should be able to delete the file while in the
            Open dialog, once you find it.

            Actually, this is dependant on your operating system and desktop
            manager. For example, Windows XP behaves this way, Ubuntu with gnome2
            does not. I can't speak for other combinations.

            Pete