Re: [pcgen] PAthfinder - gauntlet not showing in Unarmed section

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2011
      On 28/12/2011 23:37, Andrew wrote:
      > Yes and no. Is there something you wanted different?

      I had assumed that PCGen would list it in the Unarmed section -- when I
      equipped the Gauntlet, it asked "where" and offered a default of
      "Unarmed", which I accepted.

      Instead it placed it in equipment order, with the other weapons.
      Arguably that's correct, but I found it inconsistent and confusing.

      (If I had it Carried, like other spare weapons, I would expect it to be
      among the equipment.
      If a character had 2 different Gauntlets, one equipped as Unarmed (ie.
      worn...) the other Carried, the I would expect the first in the Unarmed
      section, the other in the equipment section.)

      I may be wrong, of course...

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 29, 2011
        On 12/29/2011 1:17 PM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > On 28/12/2011 23:37, Andrew wrote:
        >> Yes and no. Is there something you wanted different?
        > I had assumed that PCGen would list it in the Unarmed section -- when I
        > equipped the Gauntlet, it asked "where" and offered a default of
        > "Unarmed", which I accepted.
        >
        > Instead it placed it in equipment order, with the other weapons.
        > Arguably that's correct, but I found it inconsistent and confusing.
        >
        > (If I had it Carried, like other spare weapons, I would expect it to be
        > among the equipment.
        > If a character had 2 different Gauntlets, one equipped as Unarmed (ie.
        > worn...) the other Carried, the I would expect the first in the Unarmed
        > section, the other in the equipment section.)
        >
        > I may be wrong, of course...

        Gauntlet is a tricky one. However, I agree the Unarmed Block should change, it's coded up in a
        "special" way. There are ways to change that, but it's not easy.