Re: [pcgen] PAthfinder - gauntlet not showing in Unarmed section

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2011
      Yes and no. Is there something you wanted different?

      On 12/28/2011 3:23 PM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
      > On 28/12/2011 21:55, Andrew wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Does the Guantlet show up on the Sheet under the Weapon Block?
      > hmm - yes, buried at the end...
      >
      > that presumably, then, is the answer...?
      >

      >> On 12/28/2011 3:29 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
      >>> character has "Gauntlet (Spiked)" which does 1D4 damage. It is equipped
      >>> (as suggested by PCGen) as "Unarmed".
      >>> However, the Unarmed combat stat block shows the basic 1D3 unarmed damage...
      >>>

      >>> PCGen 5.17.9, PFRPG + APG

    • Saxum Caribetum
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 29, 2011
        On 28/12/2011 23:37, Andrew wrote:
        > Yes and no. Is there something you wanted different?

        I had assumed that PCGen would list it in the Unarmed section -- when I
        equipped the Gauntlet, it asked "where" and offered a default of
        "Unarmed", which I accepted.

        Instead it placed it in equipment order, with the other weapons.
        Arguably that's correct, but I found it inconsistent and confusing.

        (If I had it Carried, like other spare weapons, I would expect it to be
        among the equipment.
        If a character had 2 different Gauntlets, one equipped as Unarmed (ie.
        worn...) the other Carried, the I would expect the first in the Unarmed
        section, the other in the equipment section.)

        I may be wrong, of course...

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 29, 2011
          On 12/29/2011 1:17 PM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          > On 28/12/2011 23:37, Andrew wrote:
          >> Yes and no. Is there something you wanted different?
          > I had assumed that PCGen would list it in the Unarmed section -- when I
          > equipped the Gauntlet, it asked "where" and offered a default of
          > "Unarmed", which I accepted.
          >
          > Instead it placed it in equipment order, with the other weapons.
          > Arguably that's correct, but I found it inconsistent and confusing.
          >
          > (If I had it Carried, like other spare weapons, I would expect it to be
          > among the equipment.
          > If a character had 2 different Gauntlets, one equipped as Unarmed (ie.
          > worn...) the other Carried, the I would expect the first in the Unarmed
          > section, the other in the equipment section.)
          >
          > I may be wrong, of course...

          Gauntlet is a tricky one. However, I agree the Unarmed Block should change, it's coded up in a
          "special" way. There are ways to change that, but it's not easy.