[pcgen] request: wealth by level

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2011
      I'd like to request a feature, to help build NPCs - the sort where you
      care enough to do them properly, not use the random-NPC generator...

      I'd like to be able to set the character wealth, before buying
      equipment, using the Character Wealth By Level (or for NPC classes, NPC
      Wealth By Level).

      [I'm using PCGen 5.17.9, Pathfinder RPG + APG]

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 28, 2011

        JIRA and please elaborate what you mean by setting the wealth - what exactly do you want to happen?

        On 12/28/2011 3:01 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > I'd like to request a feature, to help build NPCs - the sort where you
        > care enough to do them properly, not use the random-NPC generator...
        >
        > I'd like to be able to set the character wealth, before buying
        > equipment, using the Character Wealth By Level (or for NPC classes, NPC
        > Wealth By Level).
        >
        > [I'm using PCGen 5.17.9, Pathfinder RPG + APG]

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 28, 2011

          Sounds like a set of kits (the fire and forget type), one for each level
          that could be assigned to the character. So long as this is in the
          Pathfinder SRD it should be easy to do.

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 29/12/2011 9:13 AM Andrew wrote
          > Hi,
          >
          > JIRA and please elaborate what you mean by setting the wealth - what exactly do you want to happen?
          >

          > On 12/28/2011 3:01 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
          >> I'd like to request a feature, to help build NPCs - the sort where you
          >> care enough to do them properly, not use the random-NPC generator...
          >>
          >> I'd like to be able to set the character wealth, before buying
          >> equipment, using the Character Wealth By Level (or for NPC classes, NPC
          >> Wealth By Level).
          >>
          >> [I'm using PCGen 5.17.9, Pathfinder RPG + APG]

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 28, 2011
            Hi Folks!

            Using Kits to accomplish this is what I was thinking as well.

            On Dec 28, 2011, at 5:38 PM, James Dempsey wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Sounds like a set of kits (the fire and forget type), one for each level
            > that could be assigned to the character. So long as this is in the
            > Pathfinder SRD it should be easy to do.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > James.
            >
            > On 29/12/2011 9:13 AM Andrew wrote
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > JIRA and please elaborate what you mean by setting the wealth - what exactly do you want to happen?
            > >

            > > On 12/28/2011 3:01 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
            > >> I'd like to request a feature, to help build NPCs - the sort where you
            > >> care enough to do them properly, not use the random-NPC generator...
            > >>
            > >> I'd like to be able to set the character wealth, before buying
            > >> equipment, using the Character Wealth By Level (or for NPC classes, NPC
            > >> Wealth By Level).
            > >>
            > >> [I'm using PCGen 5.17.9, Pathfinder RPG + APG]

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 28, 2011
              STARTPACK:Max Starting Gold (Monk) APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:60

              STARTPACK:Max Starting Gold (Druid/Sorcerer/Summoner/Wizard)
              APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:120

              STARTPACK:Max Starting Gold (Alchemist/Bard/Barbarian/Oracle/Witch)
              APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:180

              STARTPACK:Max Starting Gold (Cleric/Inquisitor/Rogue)
              APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:240

              STARTPACK:Max Starting Gold (Cavalier/Fighter/Paladin/Ranger)
              APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:300

              STARTPACK:Avg Starting Gold (Monk) APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:35

              STARTPACK:Avg Starting Gold (Druid/Sorcerer/Summoner/Wizard)
              APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:70

              STARTPACK:Avg Starting Gold (Alchemist/Bard/Barbarian/Oracle/Witch)
              APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:105

              STARTPACK:Avg Starting Gold (Cleric/Inquisitor/Rogue)
              APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:140

              STARTPACK:Avg Starting Gold (Cavalier/Fighter/Paladin/Ranger)
              APPLY:INSTANT
              FUNDS:gp QTY:175

              STARTPACK:Wealth by Level(2)
              APPLY:INSTANT