Dragon Disciple

  • Todd Roemmich
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 31 2:22 PM
      Using 2.1.2... I'm trying to make a simple Sorceror/Dragon
      Disciple... and, ummm... I can't find it in the Classes tab. (Yes,
      I've loaded Tome and Blood).

      I started reading messages and saw this eluded to in the subject line
      of a couple messages, and not sure what I gained from them. Is this
      class not yet completed in PCGen? or am I doing something wrong?

      Thanks again for your help
    • pjak@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Todd Roemmich" <vrodaire@y...> wrote:
        > Using 2.1.2... I'm trying to make a simple Sorceror/Dragon
        > Disciple... and, ummm... I can't find it in the Classes tab. (Yes,
        > I've loaded Tome and Blood).
        >
        > I started reading messages and saw this eluded to in the subject
        line
        > of a couple messages, and not sure what I gained from them. Is
        this
        > class not yet completed in PCGen? or am I doing something wrong?

        You're not doing anything wrong, it's just not completed yet.

        /Jonas
      • John G
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 13, 2001
          I was wondering if anyone had the info on Tome and Blood's Dragon
          disciple?
        • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 13, 2001
            I've got the book. I'm sure many on the list have it. What is the
            question/Clarification?

          • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 13, 2001
              I believe he meant "is it done yet in the list files"

              Answer:no
              Reason:waiting on some code for functionality
              FReq entered:Yes, can't remember the # off hand (at work)

              As for the MotP stuff, unless someone gets it in tonight, I'll get it
              in the morning.

              Mynex

            • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 4, 2001
                Okay, I'm gonna hurt myself on this one, but I'm gonna try to get
                this bugger done as so many people are waiting for it...

                1st of, it's gonna be mostly templates to accomplish most of what
                needs to be done.. some things (like increase of die type) are not
                implemented yet in the Templates, so that still won't work.. but I
                believe the rest of it can be done...

                here goes...

                Mynex
              • RageHeart
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 4, 2001
                  Hi, mynex2k1,

                  At 12/5/2001 3:50:00 AM you wrote:
                  >Okay, I'm gonna hurt myself on this one, but I'm gonna try to get
                  >this bugger done as so many people are waiting for it...
                  >
                  >1st of, it's gonna be mostly templates to accomplish most of what
                  >needs to be done.. some things (like increase of die type) are not
                  >implemented yet in the Templates, so that still won't work.. but I
                  >believe the rest of it can be done...
                  >
                  >here goes...
                  >
                  >Mynex

                  You are too Kewl! (Mynex Roqz!!)

                  Regards,
                  RageHeart
                  rageheart@...
                • RageHeart
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 5, 2001
                    Hi, Mynex,

                    I checked out your Dragon Disciple code... Kewl. I wanted to know if you minded me running a revised version of the "Draconic Disciple" file I sent you Last night. I modified it with some of your ideas...

                    _Features:_ Uses the "DD Spell" Feat (from a homebrew list) to add extra Sorc spells, Adds HD to Draconic Disciple class as per The Sage, Adjusts stats and AC due to enlargement, and adds the Half Dragon Template.

                    Regards,
                    RageHeart
                    rageheart@...
                  • mynex2k1
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 5, 2001
                      Go right ahead. :) I've been kicking around some other ideas to work
                      out the kinks on some of these PrC's SA's to get em to work right, so
                      anything that tweaks a PrC to work right I'm perfectly willing to
                      look at.

                      Mynex

                      --- In pcgen@y..., RageHeart <rageheart@w...> wrote:
                      > Hi, Mynex,
                      >
                      > I checked out your Dragon Disciple code... Kewl. I wanted to know
                      if you minded me running a revised version of the "Draconic Disciple"
                      file I sent you Last night. I modified it with some of your ideas...

                      > _Features:_ Uses the "DD Spell" Feat (from a homebrew list) to add
                      extra Sorc spells, Adds HD to Draconic Disciple class as per The
                      Sage, Adjusts stats and AC due to enlargement, and adds the Half
                      Dragon Template.

                      > Regards,
                      > RageHeart
                      > rageheart@a...
                    • RageHeart
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 5, 2001
                        Hi, mynex2k1,

                        Should I post it to the list??

                        Regards,
                        RageHeart
                        rageheart@...
                      • mynex2k1
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 5, 2001
                          sure.. probably a good idea anyways, as I'm at work and can't hit my
                          home e-mail, and this will let others play with it as well.

                          Mynex

                          --- In pcgen@y..., RageHeart <rageheart@w...> wrote:
                          > Hi, mynex2k1,
                          >
                          > Should I post it to the list??
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          > RageHeart
                          > rageheart@a...
                        • RageHeart
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 10, 2001
                            Hi, mynex2k1,

                            The Dragon Disciple Prereqs are listed as "SKILLL:"... and thus never let you qualify.
                            ..just FYI.

                            Thanx,
                            RageHeart
                            rageheart@...
                          • mynex2k1
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 10, 2001
                              Fixed in CVS.

                              Mynex

                              --- In pcgen@y..., RageHeart <rageheart@w...> wrote:
                              > Hi, mynex2k1,
                              >
                              > The Dragon Disciple Prereqs are listed as "SKILLL:"... and thus
                              never let you qualify.
                              > ..just FYI.
                              >
                              > Thanx,
                              > RageHeart
                              > rageheart@a...
                            • zodar6
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 10, 2001
                                I've also noticed that the PREREQ: PRESPELLMEMORIZE:N doesn't work. I
                                can choose dragon disciple as a class even if I only have 5 lvls of
                                wizard (and of course 8 ranks of knowledge (arcane) and lang.
                                draconic). That should not be possible. Only sorcerers and bards
                                should be able to choose dragon disciple as a PrC (no spell
                                memorization).

                                --- In pcgen@y..., "mynex2k1" <mynex2k1@y...> wrote:

                                > Fixed in CVS.
                                >
                                > Mynex
                                >
                                > --- In pcgen@y..., RageHeart <rageheart@w...> wrote:
                                > > Hi, mynex2k1,
                                > >
                                > > The Dragon Disciple Prereqs are listed as "SKILLL:"... and thus
                                > never let you qualify.
                                > > ..just FYI.
                                > >
                                > > Thanx,
                                > > RageHeart
                                > > rageheart@a...
                              • Milan K. Alnas
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 15, 2002
                                  When playing with this prestige class (Dragon Disciple, D&D - Tome of
                                  Blood ), the bonus spells you get for levels in it don't show up on the
                                  character sheet or in PCgen actually. It asks you where you what class/spell
                                  level you want to add them for, but it never shows them either in the spell
                                  section of the program or the finished sheet. Is there some way to fix this?
                                • Barak
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 13, 2004
                                    I just checked in a complete re-vamp of the Dragon Disciple class for the
                                    RSRD.

                                    Changes:
                                    1) Natural Attacks appear and are equippable now at 3rd level
                                    2) Bonus spell slots are awarded at the appropriate levels
                                    3) Your dragon color choice has been implemented as a subclass, so when you
                                    choose the "Dragon Disciple" class, it will pop up a subclass chooser (like
                                    the Wizard/Schools thing) allowing you to choose your related color of
                                    Dragon.

                                    It's available through CVS now and should be in the next autobuild within a
                                    coupel of hours.

                                    If people could grab this and bang on it a bit I'd appreciate any post
                                    regarding any errors you find.

                                    Thanks!

                                    Barak
                                    ~PCGen BoD