pathfinder + APG - two-handed fighter archteype

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 26, 2011
      PFRPG + APG, PCGen 5.17.9
      for the Two-handed Fighter archetype, Weapon training is supposed to be
      "as normal" but only for two-handed melee weapons.

      For the Orc Fighter I am building, with Greatsword, he can take "weapon
      training (heavy blandes)" but it has no visible effect on the stats for
      the greatsword (which is otherwise clearly a two-handed weapon, and a
      heavy blade)

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2011

        Open a JIRA please to follow the status of this Data Bug.

        Cheers,

        On 12/26/2011 9:29 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > PFRPG + APG, PCGen 5.17.9
        > for the Two-handed Fighter archetype, Weapon training is supposed to be
        > "as normal" but only for two-handed melee weapons.
        >
        > For the Orc Fighter I am building, with Greatsword, he can take "weapon
        > training (heavy blandes)" but it has no visible effect on the stats for
        > the greatsword (which is otherwise clearly a two-handed weapon, and a
        > heavy blade)

      • Saxum Caribetum
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 27, 2011
          On 27/12/2011 05:15, Andrew wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Open a JIRA please to follow the status of this Data Bug.

          http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-493

          thanks!

          Oh - Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

          --
          Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        • pshipley@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
            I've always had a problem with Weapon Training (for any Fighter, even straight from Core). The bonus is sometimes not applied if you've been using pcgen for working with any other characters and/or on first creation. I replicated the issue you describe: but if I save, shut down pcgen completely, restart and then reload I have the bonuses correctly applied.

            OP: Please confirm that the issue persists after a clean start on pcgen and appropriate character load.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:

            > On 27/12/2011 05:15, Andrew wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Open a JIRA please to follow the status of this Data Bug.
            >
            > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-493
            >
            > thanks!
            >
            > Oh - Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!
            >

            > > Cheers,
            > >
            > > On 12/26/2011 9:29 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
            > >> PFRPG + APG, PCGen 5.17.9
            > >> for the Two-handed Fighter archetype, Weapon training is supposed to be
            > >> "as normal" but only for two-handed melee weapons.
            > >>
            > >> For the Orc Fighter I am building, with Greatsword, he can take "weapon
            > >> training (heavy blandes)" but it has no visible effect on the stats for
            > >> the greatsword (which is otherwise clearly a two-handed weapon, and a
            > >> heavy blade)
            > >>

            > --
            > Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
            > ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
            > Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
            > Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

          • Saxum Caribetum
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
              On 02/01/2012 10:32, pshipley@... wrote:
              > I've always had a problem with Weapon Training (for any Fighter, even straight from Core). The bonus is sometimes not applied if you've been using pcgen for working with any other characters and/or on first creation. I replicated the issue you describe: but if I save, shut down pcgen completely, restart and then reload I have the bonuses correctly applied.
              >
              > OP: Please confirm that the issue persists after a clean start on pcgen and appropriate character load.

              clean start, brand new character from scratch

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
                On 02/01/2012 10:45, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                > On 02/01/2012 10:32, pshipley@... wrote:
                >> I've always had a problem with Weapon Training (for any Fighter, even
                >> straight from Core). The bonus is sometimes not applied if you've
                >> been using pcgen for working with any other characters and/or on
                >> first creation. I replicated the issue you describe: but if I save,
                >> shut down pcgen completely, restart and then reload I have the
                >> bonuses correctly applied.
                >>
                >> OP: Please confirm that the issue persists after a clean start on
                >> pcgen and appropriate character load.
                >
                > clean start, brand new character from scratch

                sorry - mis-read the question...
                OK - saved and re-opened (with a non-magical greataxe equipped.)

                Orc, L7, Str 25 (+2 belt)
                Str bonus +7 Atk, +7 Dam, +10 2H
                BAB +7/+2
                Feats: Weapon Focus (Greataxe), Weapon Specialization (Greataxe)
                Class feature: Weapon Training (axes)

                Greataxe is listed as +15/+10, 1D12+12
                Atk accounts for BAB (7) + Str (7) + Weapon Focus (+1) -- but not Weapon
                Training
                Dam accounts for Str (10) + Specialization (2) -- but not Weapon training

                --
                Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 7, 2012
                  Please download the latest SVN and verify
                  http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-496 is correct. Please close the Jira
                  then if all is ok, thanks,

                  -- david
                  Papa.DRB