Re: [pcgen] Setting up my PC in Pathfinder

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 20, 2011
      Hi Dawna!

      You inquired:

      > Okay, so I found the spells. Not sure if I should pre-choose the prepared
      > ones on the sheet, or just use pencil marks so I can change them up..

      Either way. Thats up to you. :-)

      > On to the next question: MONEY.. I currently have a LOT of it but don't see
      > how I am to input it into the sheet so I can buy the equipment I have.. My
      > current purse is as follows: Platinum = 35, Gold = 916, Silver = 29, Copper
      > = 42 (all after I had bought my equipment..plus earnings throughout
      > campaign).

      If you go to the Inventory tab you will se in the lower right pane an area that includes an entry field and several check-boxes. If you enter the total value of money in gps in the entry field then you can buy your equipment.

      alternatively, you can click on the "Ignor Cost" box and buy to your hearts content, but make sure you take into account how much you have spent and don't exceed your available gold. Once you've bought all that you need, spend the rest of the gold buying "Coins" of the various denominations. That way your money will show up o the character sheet.

      > Second question: I thought my animal companion was supposed to level up with
      > me (unless I was told wrong &/or read it wrong) but the program has only
      > advanced my cat to level 2.

      You will need to have both your druid and your Tiger loaded. Selet the Tiger and go to the "Resources" subtab under the Inventory. You will see the "Update from Master" button at the top. Click it.

      Your tiger has been updated. Save everything, print, and have fun! :-)

      maredudd
    • Dawna Camden
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 20, 2011
        Thank you, thank you, thank you!

        I will try all of that and let you know if I get it right.

        Have a great day!

        Dawna

        > Okay, so I found the spells. Not sure if I should pre-choose the prepared
        > ones on the sheet, or just use pencil marks so I can change them up..

        Either way. Thats up to you. :-)

        > On to the next question: MONEY.. I currently have a LOT of it but don't
        see
        > how I am to input it into the sheet so I can buy the equipment I have.. My
        > current purse is as follows: Platinum = 35, Gold = 916, Silver = 29,
        Copper
        > = 42 (all after I had bought my equipment..plus earnings throughout
        > campaign).

        If you go to the Inventory tab you will se in the lower right pane an area
        that includes an entry field and several check-boxes. If you enter the total
        value of money in gps in the entry field then you can buy your equipment.

        alternatively, you can click on the "Ignor Cost" box and buy to your hearts
        content, but make sure you take into account how much you have spent and
        don't exceed your available gold. Once you've bought all that you need,
        spend the rest of the gold buying "Coins" of the various denominations. That
        way your money will show up o the character sheet.

        > Second question: I thought my animal companion was supposed to level up
        with
        > me (unless I was told wrong &/or read it wrong) but the program has only
        > advanced my cat to level 2.

        You will need to have both your druid and your Tiger loaded. Selet the Tiger
        and go to the "Resources" subtab under the Inventory. You will see the
        "Update from Master" button at the top. Click it.

        Your tiger has been updated. Save everything, print, and have fun! :-)

        maredudd

      • Lee Dowd
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 21, 2011
          In regards to the bit below.  If you are making your initial purchases and aren't sure you may want to change the buy back percentage.  Otherwise if you decide against some equipment after you select it you'll loose 50% of the purchase price.  I generally click the Ignore cost box for anything that the character gets cost free when initially provisioning then unclick it and set the buy back percentage to 100% and buy all my equipment then set the buy back percentage back to 50%.  Remember to click the Ignore cost button as well if you are giving your PC "appropriated" equipment.

          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 21, 2011
            Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. My character is already up to level 6
            and so I was trying to get what I had already bought and then make the money
            equal to the balance it came out to from the initial purchases and
            appropriated or "won" supplies.

            Do you know if a druid would have a spell book? Also, are the extra spells
            listed in the APG included in the lists?

            Thanks,

            Dawna

            In regards to the bit below. If you are making your initial purchases and
            aren't sure you may want to change the buy back percentage. Otherwise if
            you decide against some equipment after you select it you'll loose 50% of
            the purchase price. I generally click the Ignore cost box for anything that
            the character gets cost free when initially provisioning then unclick it and
            set the buy back percentage to 100% and buy all my equipment then set the
            buy back percentage back to 50%. Remember to click the Ignore cost button
            as well if you are giving your PC "appropriated" equipment.

            >> On to the next question: MONEY.. I currently have a LOT of it but don't
            see
            >> how I am to input it into the sheet so I can buy the equipment I have..
            My
            >> current purse is as follows: Platinum = 35, Gold = 916, Silver = 29,
            Copper
            >> = 42 (all after I had bought my equipment..plus earnings throughout
            >> campaign).
            >
            >If you go to the Inventory tab you will se in the lower right pane an area
            that includes an entry field and several check-boxes. If you enter the total
            value of money in gps in the entry field then you can buy your equipment.

            >alternatively, you can click on the "Ignor Cost" box and buy to your hearts
            content, but make sure you take into account how much you have spent and
            don't exceed your available gold. Once you've bought all that you need,
            spend the rest of the gold buying "Coins" of the various denominations. That
            way your money will show up o the character sheet.

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 21, 2011
              Druids are divine casters so no spell book.

              If you load the APG dataset, the spells are there.

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)

              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 21, 2011
                My understanding is that typically clerics and druids don't have spell books.  They "pray" for their spells on a daily baisis and are granted them form a divine source.  So you should get access to all the Druid spells in the sources your GM allows.  Note that by using the advances source selection tab you can add additional materials and more spells.  In the spell selection area (forget the name of the tab and don't have pcgen on this pc) you can create custom lists so for instance you can have a list called "standard" which has the spells you normally have prepared on it.  If you have a different list that you prepair for say towns or undeground you can name it appropriately and put the spells you want in there.  If you are constantly fidling with your spell lists this may not be all that useful or if you want to track them maybe it will be.  Quick word of caution I'm still a neo at pcgen and still learning how to use it myself.

                >Do you know if a druid would have a spell book? Also, are the extra spells
                >listed in the APG included in the lists?
                >
                >Thanks,

              • Dawna Camden
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 31, 2011
                  How do I delete a character?

                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 31, 2011
                    Hi Dawna,

                    On 1/01/2012 2:16 PM Dawna Camden wrote
                    > How do I delete a character?
                    Characters are stored as files, generally named after your character but
                    you can change the name when you save. You can delete the character by
                    deleting the file. To find out where the character is stored, open the
                    character and select Files > Saves As. The path displayed in the "Save
                    In" drop-down will be the folder in which your character file is
                    located. Open that folder and then deleting the character file will
                    permanently delete your character.

                    Cheers,
                    James.
                  • senseileroof
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 1, 2012

                      > Hi Dawna,
                      >
                      > On 1/01/2012 2:16 PM Dawna Camden wrote
                      > > How do I delete a character?
                      > Characters are stored as files, generally named after your character but
                      > you can change the name when you save. You can delete the character by
                      > deleting the file. To find out where the character is stored, open the
                      > character and select Files > Saves As. The path displayed in the "Save
                      > In" drop-down will be the folder in which your character file is
                      > located. Open that folder and then deleting the character file will
                      > permanently delete your character.
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > James.

                      Even more simply, you should be able to delete the file while in the Open dialog, once you find it.
                    • UnclePete
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 2, 2012
                        > Even more simply, you should be able to delete the file while in the
                        Open dialog, once you find it.

                        Actually, this is dependant on your operating system and desktop
                        manager. For example, Windows XP behaves this way, Ubuntu with gnome2
                        does not. I can't speak for other combinations.

                        Pete