Possible problem with 2.1.2

  • Nathan Wenzler
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
      Hello all....I recently tried to create a character under the v2.1.2 (which
      I know has a few problems to begin with...Heh.) But, after I created the
      character, then saved it...then tried to open it again, nothing seems to
      happen. Normally, a tab appears next to "Campaign" and "DM Tools" with the
      character's name, but I get nothing up there. However, when I go into the
      DM Tools tab and look under the quick-look stat sections, the character's
      information IS there. Which doesn't help me a whole lot if I need to get
      back into the character itself and make changes. Does anyone have any
      ideas, or encountered this yourself? Any suggestions would be much
      appreciated. Thanks!

      -MontereyPoet

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
        First, you should upload your character's PCG file to the "Character
        PCG files" on the Yahoo group. Then a handful of us will try loading
        it on our own machines to see if we can duplicate the problem.

        -Lone Jedi
        (Jason)

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Nathan Wenzler" <montereypoet@h...> wrote:
        > Hello all....I recently tried to create a character under the
        v2.1.2 (which
        > I know has a few problems to begin with...Heh.) But, after I
        created the
        > character, then saved it...then tried to open it again, nothing
        seems to
        > happen. Normally, a tab appears next to "Campaign" and "DM Tools"
        with the
        > character's name, but I get nothing up there. However, when I go
        into the
        > DM Tools tab and look under the quick-look stat sections, the
        character's
        > information IS there. Which doesn't help me a whole lot if I need
        to get
        > back into the character itself and make changes. Does anyone have
        any
        > ideas, or encountered this yourself? Any suggestions would be much
        > appreciated. Thanks!
        >
        > -MontereyPoet

        http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
      • Greg Bezoff
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2001
          Monterey Poet:

          Try turning debug mode on and opening the debug console. My guess is
          you will see an array out of bounds error or some such is terminating the
          character load part way through. The exact contents of the debug window
          will likely be of great value to the developers.

          Greg