Re: [pcgen] My side project for Android tablets...

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
      That would be fine with me. However, the output sheet requires the
      following variables in the miscinfo.lst (of any supported gametype, which
      right now is only SRD35):

      ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfooted ADD:TOTAL REMOVE:Ability
      ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
      Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
      Ability,Uncanny Dodge
      ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerTotal ADD:TOTAL REMOVE:Ability
      ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerTouch ADD:TOTAL
      REMOVE:Ability|Armor|ArmorEnhancement|NaturalArmor|Shield|ShieldEnhancement|NaturalArmorEnhancement
      ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerShieldless ADD:TOTAL
      REMOVE:Ability|Shield|ShieldEnhancement

      Basically these give base armor/defense bonuses without the Ability
      factored in so that they can be computed on the fly as the ability
      modifiers change.

      Otherwise the current SRD35 output sheet is just based
      on csheet_fantasy_std.htm sheet.

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
        Hi Chris,

        I think we'll need to think about this a little (not sure if we want to
        have OS specifics like this in miscinfo.lst, then again it could be the
        right place).

        Andrew/James, I think this is a call between you two (and perhaps Tom if
        he's listening in).

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
          Looks like it shouldn't be too hard to add Pathfinder support to that as well.

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
            That's understandable. About the only one that is really critical is the

            ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
            Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
            Ability,Uncanny Dodge

            That tells me basically if their Dex modifier applies to Flatfooted defense
            or not. If someone knows of a different way to get that from the output
            tags that would be great.

          • razajac
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 12, 2012
              Do you know if it will work on Ice Cream Sandwich?

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thzerodotcom" <thzerodotcom@...> wrote:

              > I can look into it. I'm using some of the features in 3.0 (i.e. ActionBar, Fragments, etc) that aren't all available in 2.X via the compatibility package. Best would be to post an enhancement request to the issue log at http://code.google.com/p/droidpcgenviewer/issues/entry. :)
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Dave <countbuggula@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Awesome! I hope to see this continue development. I went to install it on my nook color tablet but alas your apk requires 3.2, and I'm running cyanogenmod 2.3 on it. Any chance you could complile for a wider range of devices?

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                Heya Chris, just wondered if you were still working on this app? Or if there was anything else that needed work?

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Chris <thzerodotcom@...> wrote:

                > That's understandable. About the only one that is really critical is the
                >
                > ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                > Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                > Ability,Uncanny Dodge
                >
                > That tells me basically if their Dex modifier applies to Flatfooted defense
                > or not. If someone knows of a different way to get that from the output
                > tags that would be great.

              • Dave
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 21, 2012
                  I checked this out a while ago and it looked really promising but only
                  supported 3.5. I'd love to see this project continued and support added for
                  Pathfinder.

                  -DBugg

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com> , Chris