PCGen House Cleaning & Inquery into QA Monkey

  • Drew0500
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2011
      Hi Folks,

      Just updating the lists in the footer. Specifically I added the JIRA link, as I feel this is a very important link. I've also condensed the Lists to a WIKI page where all our Mailing lists and Links are easy to review.

      I'm wondering if we have any one interested in becoming a QA (Quality Assurance) Monkey. A QA Monkey would review Data Sets - verifying that they're coded correctly. A QA Monkey should already be on the Data Team and have a working knowledge of LST Code.

      Just to make it sound really professional -

      Job Title: QA Monkey (Trial Position)
      Supervises: None
      Supervised by: Content SB & Data 2nd

      Requirements:
      * Access to SVN or Web equivalent tools for pulling/uploading data sets from the Sourceforge SVN Repository
      * At least six months Data Monkey Experience (Tamarin or Gibbon Level)
      * Proven proficiency with LST Bug fixes and LST syntax usage
      * Understands JIRA use and procedures

      A QA monkey reviews data sets which have passed a License Review and requires a Data Review (Step 4 in New Source JIRA Tracker) They make sure the Set is error free and syntax correct. Corresponding with the Data Monkey that created the data set. If they find that the data is set up and works as per the Source Book they may make the recommendation to the Data Team (Chimp, 2nd or SB) that it be set as a full release.
      Other Duties as determined by SB/Data 2nd

      Okay, that's it from me.

      Cheers,

      Andrew Maitland (Board of Directors ~ Admin SB)