Re: [pcgen] Pathfinder Sor 5/DragonDisc 6 - spell list problem

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 8, 2011
      Hi,

      Please open a JIRA.

      On 12/8/2011 11:50 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
      > (sorry I 've been away from PCGen for what seems like *ages*)
      > things moved on in our campaign and our Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 5 has
      > advanced and taken DD.
      > His sheet was in PCGen 5.17.8, bug is same in 5178 & 5179. [Pathfinder
      > Core + APG]
      >
      > When advancing from DD5 to DD6, character gets +1 level of existing
      > spell class - his 4th such since starting DD path. This make him the
      > equivalent to Sor 9 in casting capacity, and can know & cast up to 4th
      > level spells.
      >
      > The DD feature "Blood of Dragons" says to add levels in DD to levels in
      > Sorcerer to determine Bloodline powers *except* that it does not grant
      > bonus spells unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level -
      > such spells granted automatically if gains spell slots of the spell's
      > level. (So the L11 Bloodline spell (5th level) should actually be
      > available when reaching next level (whether Sor 6 or DD 7) when he
      > becomes able to cast 5th level spells.
      >

      > However, PCGen disagrees. On the "Known Spells" page, when expanding the
      > tree of Known Spells, the level 5 branch is set and expands to show the
      > 11th level bloodline spell "Spell Resistance".
      >
      > (The table in the Class Info is correct and shows Known and Cast = 0 for
      > level 5 spells.)
      >
      > --
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 8, 2011
        Did you verify that his CHA was 15+

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:

        > (sorry I 've been away from PCGen for what seems like *ages*)
        > things moved on in our campaign and our Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 5 has
        > advanced and taken DD.
        > His sheet was in PCGen 5.17.8, bug is same in 5178 & 5179. [Pathfinder
        > Core + APG]
        >
        > When advancing from DD5 to DD6, character gets +1 level of existing
        > spell class - his 4th such since starting DD path. This make him the
        > equivalent to Sor 9 in casting capacity, and can know & cast up to 4th
        > level spells.
        >
        > The DD feature "Blood of Dragons" says to add levels in DD to levels in
        > Sorcerer to determine Bloodline powers *except* that it does not grant
        > bonus spells unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level -
        > such spells granted automatically if gains spell slots of the spell's
        > level. (So the L11 Bloodline spell (5th level) should actually be
        > available when reaching next level (whether Sor 6 or DD 7) when he
        > becomes able to cast 5th level spells.
        >

        > However, PCGen disagrees. On the "Known Spells" page, when expanding the
        > tree of Known Spells, the level 5 branch is set and expands to show the
        > 11th level bloodline spell "Spell Resistance".
        >
        > (The table in the Class Info is correct and shows Known and Cast = 0 for
        > level 5 spells.)
        >
        > --
        > Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
        > ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
        > Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
        > Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

      • Saxum Caribetum
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
          On 08/12/2011 22:37, Paul wrote:
          > Did you verify that his CHA was 15+

          a) Cha 20 - quit enough, I believe!

          b) you missed the problem: PCGen is displaying the Sorcerer 11 Bloodline
          Spell (a L5 spell) as "Known" even though the character has no L5 spell
          slots yet, where the printed rules say the knowledge is delayed.

          Dragon Disciple stacks with Sorcerer levels for determining Bloodline
          Powers, including Bloodline spells *except* when the Caster Level is not
          yet high enough to have the spell slot ... in which case the spell
          knowledge is delayed until the character has such a spell slot.
          The character has Caster Level 9 which only qualifies for L4 spell
          slots, so tke knowledge of the L5 spell should be delayed

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
            On 08/12/2011 22:03, Andrew wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Please open a JIRA.
            JIRA created
            http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-488

            (unsure if program or data bug! may need moving?)

            --
            Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
              Hi,

              Fixed - Completed: At revision: 15642-15643

              On 12/11/2011 6:40 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
              > On 08/12/2011 22:03, Andrew wrote:
              >> Hi,
              >>
              >> Please open a JIRA.
              > JIRA created
              > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-488
              >
              > (unsure if program or data bug! may need moving?)
              >
              >> On 12/8/2011 11:50 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
              >>> (sorry I 've been away from PCGen for what seems like *ages*)
              >>> things moved on in our campaign and our Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 5 has
              >>> advanced and taken DD.
              >>> His sheet was in PCGen 5.17.8, bug is same in 5178& 5179. [Pathfinder
              >>> Core + APG]
              >>>
              >>> When advancing from DD5 to DD6, character gets +1 level of existing
              >>> spell class - his 4th such since starting DD path. This make him the
              >>> equivalent to Sor 9 in casting capacity, and can know& cast up to 4th
              >>> level spells.
              >>>
              >>> The DD feature "Blood of Dragons" says to add levels in DD to levels in
              >>> Sorcerer to determine Bloodline powers *except* that it does not grant
              >>> bonus spells unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level -
              >>> such spells granted automatically if gains spell slots of the spell's
              >>> level. (So the L11 Bloodline spell (5th level) should actually be
              >>> available when reaching next level (whether Sor 6 or DD 7) when he
              >>> becomes able to cast 5th level spells.
              >>>

              >>> However, PCGen disagrees. On the "Known Spells" page, when expanding the
              >>> tree of Known Spells, the level 5 branch is set and expands to show the
              >>> 11th level bloodline spell "Spell Resistance".
              >>>
              >>> (The table in the Class Info is correct and shows Known and Cast = 0 for
              >>> level 5 spells.)
              >>>
              > --
              > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
                Open a JIRA please. This will take some investigation, and probably some
                lst work or coding. Open it as a Data Bug for now,
                http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa Attach the .pcg file to the
                bug report also, thanks,

                -- david
                Papa.DRB

                My better half and me (jpg)

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
                  Hi David,

                  I think you missed this as he opened it on a different thread:

                  JIRA created
                  http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-488

                  and then I posted -

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
                    Oops... Yea, missed that. Appreciate you catching it so we don't have
                    duplicates....

                    -- david
                    Papa.DRB

                    My better half and me (jpg)