Pathfinder Sor 5/DragonDisc 6 - spell list problem

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 8, 2011
      (sorry I 've been away from PCGen for what seems like *ages*)
      things moved on in our campaign and our Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 5 has
      advanced and taken DD.
      His sheet was in PCGen 5.17.8, bug is same in 5178 & 5179. [Pathfinder
      Core + APG]

      When advancing from DD5 to DD6, character gets +1 level of existing
      spell class - his 4th such since starting DD path. This make him the
      equivalent to Sor 9 in casting capacity, and can know & cast up to 4th
      level spells.

      The DD feature "Blood of Dragons" says to add levels in DD to levels in
      Sorcerer to determine Bloodline powers *except* that it does not grant
      bonus spells unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level -
      such spells granted automatically if gains spell slots of the spell's
      level. (So the L11 Bloodline spell (5th level) should actually be
      available when reaching next level (whether Sor 6 or DD 7) when he
      becomes able to cast 5th level spells.

      However, PCGen disagrees. On the "Known Spells" page, when expanding the
      tree of Known Spells, the level 5 branch is set and expands to show the
      11th level bloodline spell "Spell Resistance".

      (The table in the Class Info is correct and shows Known and Cast = 0 for
      level 5 spells.)

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 8, 2011

        Please open a JIRA.

        On 12/8/2011 11:50 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
        > (sorry I 've been away from PCGen for what seems like *ages*)
        > things moved on in our campaign and our Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 5 has
        > advanced and taken DD.
        > His sheet was in PCGen 5.17.8, bug is same in 5178 & 5179. [Pathfinder
        > Core + APG]
        >
        > When advancing from DD5 to DD6, character gets +1 level of existing
        > spell class - his 4th such since starting DD path. This make him the
        > equivalent to Sor 9 in casting capacity, and can know & cast up to 4th
        > level spells.
        >
        > The DD feature "Blood of Dragons" says to add levels in DD to levels in
        > Sorcerer to determine Bloodline powers *except* that it does not grant
        > bonus spells unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level -
        > such spells granted automatically if gains spell slots of the spell's
        > level. (So the L11 Bloodline spell (5th level) should actually be
        > available when reaching next level (whether Sor 6 or DD 7) when he
        > becomes able to cast 5th level spells.
        >

        > However, PCGen disagrees. On the "Known Spells" page, when expanding the
        > tree of Known Spells, the level 5 branch is set and expands to show the
        > 11th level bloodline spell "Spell Resistance".
        >
        > (The table in the Class Info is correct and shows Known and Cast = 0 for
        > level 5 spells.)
        >
        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 8, 2011
          Did you verify that his CHA was 15+

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Saxum Caribetum <saxum.caribetum@...> wrote:

          > (sorry I 've been away from PCGen for what seems like *ages*)
          > things moved on in our campaign and our Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 5 has
          > advanced and taken DD.
          > His sheet was in PCGen 5.17.8, bug is same in 5178 & 5179. [Pathfinder
          > Core + APG]
          >
          > When advancing from DD5 to DD6, character gets +1 level of existing
          > spell class - his 4th such since starting DD path. This make him the
          > equivalent to Sor 9 in casting capacity, and can know & cast up to 4th
          > level spells.
          >
          > The DD feature "Blood of Dragons" says to add levels in DD to levels in
          > Sorcerer to determine Bloodline powers *except* that it does not grant
          > bonus spells unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level -
          > such spells granted automatically if gains spell slots of the spell's
          > level. (So the L11 Bloodline spell (5th level) should actually be
          > available when reaching next level (whether Sor 6 or DD 7) when he
          > becomes able to cast 5th level spells.
          >

          > However, PCGen disagrees. On the "Known Spells" page, when expanding the
          > tree of Known Spells, the level 5 branch is set and expands to show the
          > 11th level bloodline spell "Spell Resistance".
          >
          > (The table in the Class Info is correct and shows Known and Cast = 0 for
          > level 5 spells.)
          >
          > --
          > Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
          > ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++
          > Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/
          > Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/

        • Saxum Caribetum
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
            On 08/12/2011 22:37, Paul wrote:
            > Did you verify that his CHA was 15+

            a) Cha 20 - quit enough, I believe!

            b) you missed the problem: PCGen is displaying the Sorcerer 11 Bloodline
            Spell (a L5 spell) as "Known" even though the character has no L5 spell
            slots yet, where the printed rules say the knowledge is delayed.

            Dragon Disciple stacks with Sorcerer levels for determining Bloodline
            Powers, including Bloodline spells *except* when the Caster Level is not
            yet high enough to have the spell slot ... in which case the spell
            knowledge is delayed until the character has such a spell slot.
            The character has Caster Level 9 which only qualifies for L4 spell
            slots, so tke knowledge of the L5 spell should be delayed

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
              On 08/12/2011 22:03, Andrew wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Please open a JIRA.
              JIRA created
              http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-488

              (unsure if program or data bug! may need moving?)

              --
              Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011

                Fixed - Completed: At revision: 15642-15643

                On 12/11/2011 6:40 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                > On 08/12/2011 22:03, Andrew wrote:
                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> Please open a JIRA.
                > JIRA created
                > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-488
                >
                > (unsure if program or data bug! may need moving?)
                >
                >> On 12/8/2011 11:50 AM, Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                >>> (sorry I 've been away from PCGen for what seems like *ages*)
                >>> things moved on in our campaign and our Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 5 has
                >>> advanced and taken DD.
                >>> His sheet was in PCGen 5.17.8, bug is same in 5178& 5179. [Pathfinder
                >>> Core + APG]
                >>>
                >>> When advancing from DD5 to DD6, character gets +1 level of existing
                >>> spell class - his 4th such since starting DD path. This make him the
                >>> equivalent to Sor 9 in casting capacity, and can know& cast up to 4th
                >>> level spells.
                >>>
                >>> The DD feature "Blood of Dragons" says to add levels in DD to levels in
                >>> Sorcerer to determine Bloodline powers *except* that it does not grant
                >>> bonus spells unless he possesses spell slots of an appropriate level -
                >>> such spells granted automatically if gains spell slots of the spell's
                >>> level. (So the L11 Bloodline spell (5th level) should actually be
                >>> available when reaching next level (whether Sor 6 or DD 7) when he
                >>> becomes able to cast 5th level spells.
                >>>

                >>> However, PCGen disagrees. On the "Known Spells" page, when expanding the
                >>> tree of Known Spells, the level 5 branch is set and expands to show the
                >>> 11th level bloodline spell "Spell Resistance".
                >>>
                >>> (The table in the Class Info is correct and shows Known and Cast = 0 for
                >>> level 5 spells.)
                >>>
                > --
                > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
                  Open a JIRA please. This will take some investigation, and probably some
                  lst work or coding. Open it as a Data Bug for now,
                  http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa Attach the .pcg file to the
                  bug report also, thanks,

                  -- david
                  Papa.DRB

                  My better half and me (jpg)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
                    Hi David,

                    I think you missed this as he opened it on a different thread:

                    JIRA created
                    http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-488

                    and then I posted -

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 11, 2011
                      Oops... Yea, missed that. Appreciate you catching it so we don't have
                      duplicates....

                      -- david
                      Papa.DRB

                      My better half and me (jpg)