Re: [pcgen] My side project for Android tablets...

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2011

      That would be cool. I stared this mostly as just a fairly light weight
      viewer for use in TT games that I started as a side project for my own use,
      but thought it might be useful, or interesting, to others so thought I'd
      toss it up somewhere and let folks know about it.

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
        Hi Chris,

        This is really cool! I've added you to our list of 3rd party apps:
        thzerodotcom@...

        I've starred the project in my Google Code profile as well :-)

        One practical step could be for your Output sheet to become one of the
        official PCGen OutputSheets that's bundled with PCGen, thoughts?

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
          That would be fine with me. However, the output sheet requires the
          following variables in the miscinfo.lst (of any supported gametype, which
          right now is only SRD35):

          ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfooted ADD:TOTAL REMOVE:Ability
          ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
          Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
          Ability,Uncanny Dodge
          ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerTotal ADD:TOTAL REMOVE:Ability
          ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerTouch ADD:TOTAL
          REMOVE:Ability|Armor|ArmorEnhancement|NaturalArmor|Shield|ShieldEnhancement|NaturalArmorEnhancement
          ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerShieldless ADD:TOTAL
          REMOVE:Ability|Shield|ShieldEnhancement

          Basically these give base armor/defense bonuses without the Ability
          factored in so that they can be computed on the fly as the ability
          modifiers change.

          Otherwise the current SRD35 output sheet is just based
          on csheet_fantasy_std.htm sheet.

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
            Hi Chris,

            I think we'll need to think about this a little (not sure if we want to
            have OS specifics like this in miscinfo.lst, then again it could be the
            right place).

            Andrew/James, I think this is a call between you two (and perhaps Tom if
            he's listening in).

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
              Looks like it shouldn't be too hard to add Pathfinder support to that as well.

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
                That's understandable. About the only one that is really critical is the

                ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                Ability,Uncanny Dodge

                That tells me basically if their Dex modifier applies to Flatfooted defense
                or not. If someone knows of a different way to get that from the output
                tags that would be great.

              • razajac
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 12, 2012
                  Do you know if it will work on Ice Cream Sandwich?

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thzerodotcom" <thzerodotcom@...> wrote:

                  > I can look into it. I'm using some of the features in 3.0 (i.e. ActionBar, Fragments, etc) that aren't all available in 2.X via the compatibility package. Best would be to post an enhancement request to the issue log at http://code.google.com/p/droidpcgenviewer/issues/entry. :)
                  >
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Dave <countbuggula@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Awesome! I hope to see this continue development. I went to install it on my nook color tablet but alas your apk requires 3.2, and I'm running cyanogenmod 2.3 on it. Any chance you could complile for a wider range of devices?

                • Paul
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                    Heya Chris, just wondered if you were still working on this app? Or if there was anything else that needed work?

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Chris <thzerodotcom@...> wrote:

                    > That's understandable. About the only one that is really critical is the
                    >
                    > ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                    > Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                    > Ability,Uncanny Dodge
                    >
                    > That tells me basically if their Dex modifier applies to Flatfooted defense
                    > or not. If someone knows of a different way to get that from the output
                    > tags that would be great.

                  • Dave
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 21, 2012
                      I checked this out a while ago and it looked really promising but only
                      supported 3.5. I'd love to see this project continued and support added for
                      Pathfinder.

                      -DBugg

                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com> , Chris