Elves

  • Kevyn
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
      Correct me if I am wrong, but do elves recieve a long sword and bow
      proficiency for the Race of Elf? I thought they did, I do not have my
      PHB with me. If they do then PCGen is not recognizing it. I have a
      rog/wiz 1/1 that is getting a -4 on a longsword.

      Kevin

      Trying to make NPCs instead of working
    • Heivilin, Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001

        IIRC Elves do (regardless of class) but Half-Elves don't.

        Jim
      • Eric Statz
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., "Kevyn" <draco77@y...> wrote:
          > Correct me if I am wrong, but do elves recieve a long sword and bow
          > proficiency for the Race of Elf? I thought they did, I do not have
          my
          > PHB with me. If they do then PCGen is not recognizing it. I have a
          > rog/wiz 1/1 that is getting a -4 on a longsword.

          Actually they get proficency in eqither the longsword or the rapier.
          You have to pick which one. To choose one, go to the Abilities tab,
          and click choose next to the weapon prof. box. It will let you pick
          one or the other.

          -Eric
        • Greg Bezoff
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2001
            >Correct me if I am wrong, but do elves recieve a long sword and bow
            proficiency for the Race of Elf? I thought they did, I do not have my
            PHB with me. If they do then PCGen is not recognizing it. I have a
            rog/wiz 1/1 that is getting a -4 on a longsword.<

            As I recall, elves automatically receive proficiency with bows and one
            of rapier or longsword as the character chooses. I think PCGen gives you
            the choice on the Abilities tab.

            Greg