Re: [pcgen] My side project for Android tablets...

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2011
      Awesome! I hope to see this continue development. I went to install it on my nook color tablet but alas your apk requires 3.2, and I'm running cyanogenmod 2.3 on it. Any chance you could complile for a wider range of devices?

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2011
        I can look into it. I'm using some of the features in 3.0 (i.e. ActionBar, Fragments, etc) that aren't all available in 2.X via the compatibility package. Best would be to post an enhancement request to the issue log at http://code.google.com/p/droidpcgenviewer/issues/entry. :)

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 6, 2011

          Sounds awesome, your contributions are very much welcome. Would you be interested in working with
          our code team and getting additional support from the PCGen community?

          James Dempsey is the Code Team Lead, as this is one of our outlying goals, he'd be happy to work
          with you and get you set up so you can assist in both the core program and the Side project.

          Cheers,

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2011

            That would be cool. I stared this mostly as just a fairly light weight
            viewer for use in TT games that I started as a side project for my own use,
            but thought it might be useful, or interesting, to others so thought I'd
            toss it up somewhere and let folks know about it.

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
              Hi Chris,

              This is really cool! I've added you to our list of 3rd party apps:
              thzerodotcom@...

              I've starred the project in my Google Code profile as well :-)

              One practical step could be for your Output sheet to become one of the
              official PCGen OutputSheets that's bundled with PCGen, thoughts?

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
                That would be fine with me. However, the output sheet requires the
                following variables in the miscinfo.lst (of any supported gametype, which
                right now is only SRD35):

                ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfooted ADD:TOTAL REMOVE:Ability
                ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                Ability,Uncanny Dodge
                ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerTotal ADD:TOTAL REMOVE:Ability
                ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerTouch ADD:TOTAL
                REMOVE:Ability|Armor|ArmorEnhancement|NaturalArmor|Shield|ShieldEnhancement|NaturalArmorEnhancement
                ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerShieldless ADD:TOTAL
                REMOVE:Ability|Shield|ShieldEnhancement

                Basically these give base armor/defense bonuses without the Ability
                factored in so that they can be computed on the fly as the ability
                modifiers change.

                Otherwise the current SRD35 output sheet is just based
                on csheet_fantasy_std.htm sheet.

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
                  Hi Chris,

                  I think we'll need to think about this a little (not sure if we want to
                  have OS specifics like this in miscinfo.lst, then again it could be the
                  right place).

                  Andrew/James, I think this is a call between you two (and perhaps Tom if
                  he's listening in).

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
                    Looks like it shouldn't be too hard to add Pathfinder support to that as well.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 9, 2011
                      That's understandable. About the only one that is really critical is the

                      ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                      Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                      Ability,Uncanny Dodge

                      That tells me basically if their Dex modifier applies to Flatfooted defense
                      or not. If someone knows of a different way to get that from the output
                      tags that would be great.

                    • razajac
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 12, 2012
                        Do you know if it will work on Ice Cream Sandwich?

                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thzerodotcom" <thzerodotcom@...> wrote:

                        > I can look into it. I'm using some of the features in 3.0 (i.e. ActionBar, Fragments, etc) that aren't all available in 2.X via the compatibility package. Best would be to post an enhancement request to the issue log at http://code.google.com/p/droidpcgenviewer/issues/entry. :)
                        >
                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Dave <countbuggula@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Awesome! I hope to see this continue development. I went to install it on my nook color tablet but alas your apk requires 3.2, and I'm running cyanogenmod 2.3 on it. Any chance you could complile for a wider range of devices?

                      • Paul
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 1, 2012
                          Heya Chris, just wondered if you were still working on this app? Or if there was anything else that needed work?

                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Chris <thzerodotcom@...> wrote:

                          > That's understandable. About the only one that is really critical is the
                          >
                          > ACTYPE:DroidPCGenViewerFlatfootedDex ADD:Ability|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                          > Ability,Uncanny Dodge ADD:Dodge|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special
                          > Ability,Uncanny Dodge
                          >
                          > That tells me basically if their Dex modifier applies to Flatfooted defense
                          > or not. If someone knows of a different way to get that from the output
                          > tags that would be great.

                        • Dave
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 21, 2012
                            I checked this out a while ago and it looked really promising but only
                            supported 3.5. I'd love to see this project continued and support added for
                            Pathfinder.

                            -DBugg

                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com> , Chris