Re: [pcgen] Seeking enchantment ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011

      Intelligent Base should never have entered the equation. That's for making an intelligent item.

      None of the EQMODs are set up to rely on the Intelligent EQMOD - Only Intelligent Items Stuff is
      keyed to the Intelligent Base.

      The Steps to create should be:
      Select the Bow - Customize
      Add the Materials (Darkwood)
      Add the Str+3
      Add the Magic +1
      Add the Seeking

      And yeah, magic item pricing is never easy. Mine is showing as a straight 8,700 gp.

      On 12/3/2011 8:40 AM, pfsgamer wrote:
      > 5179 Pathfinder Core p471
      >
      > I have a Darkwood Composite Str+3 Longbow +1 defined. Now I want to add Seeking to it. Apparently I must first add Intelligent Item base just to get Seeking on the list. OK...
      >
      > But the final item price is 9230 and I believe it should be 8730.
      > 730 DW Str+3 + 2000 Magic +1 + 6000 Seeking. Table 15-8 in CRB.
      >
      > Also after adding Seeking, then I can remove Intelligent Item base? and now the cost is correct. This is confusing...
      >
      > I've got my bow so it is not urgent, but the process does not seem right. What are the correct steps?
      >
      > Thank you!

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • pfsgamer
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
        See that's the weird thing. Seeking was not in the list to be added until AFTER adding the other. I thought it was weird.

        I have seen this more than once, when enchanting other custom items.
        And today when enchanting basic Arrows +1 (to make Ghost Salt blanched Arrows by adding Ghost Touch) - I could not see the Ghost Touch until playing with Add Intelligence Base -

        For some reason, some of the magic enhancements do not show on the list when the customize box is first opened. But it is possible to get them by playing around with the other options...

        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
          Yeah, the customizer box dynamically changes with selections you make:

          For instance, until you take a +1 through +5 Enhancement, none of the Extra Items such as seeking,
          or bane or holy will become available or visible.

          Did you re-customize the item? Or was this a one-shot got it done?

          I was able to do the whole deal without issue. Coming back later the customizer box might not have
          caught up. Not sure though.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
            I realize the secondary magic enchantments are not available until after at least Magic +1 is added. So I don't expect to see them until after that.

            I customize in steps, often at different levels, because the character buys in steps, as gold & PA allow. So, no, it was not a one-shot.