Re: [pcgen] Can I combine data sets from different game modes?

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      On 02.12.11 00:36, talon_2007 wrote:
      > For example, I want to create a Dark Elf Witch. Dark Elves are part
      > of the SRD from Wizards of the Coast and the 3.5 Game Mode. The
      > Witch class is from Pathfinder game mode. I supposed I could modify
      > the lst files to match (all be Pathfinder or all 3.5) but will that
      > cause problems? Is there any supported way of getting all the
      > features of both?

      Dark Elves are available for Pathfinder in the Bestiary dataset, as
      either "Drow" of "Elf (drow)", I'm not sure at the moment. Just load the
      Pathfinder Bestiary along with the core rulebook and you can select them.

      Regards,
      Stefan.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
        I think he's just giving an example of what he'd consider combining. The gist of the answer should
        be, yeah, you can merge, but be prepared for more headaches, then if you had done it right the first
        time by just adding it yourself.