Re: [pcgen] Re: Need help figuring out how to use PC Gen for Pathfinder characters

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2011

      Here are the solutions to these issues:

      WIN Vista/Win 7:
      Install the program to a location OTHER THAN the default Program Files path. (C:\PCGen as an example)

      DO NOT USE JAVA 7!
      PCGen only supports Java 1.5 (JAVA 5), 1.6 (JAVA 6) up to 5.17.5. 5.17.7+ we drop support for Java 5.

      Java 7 is incompatible with PCGen at this time. By release 6.0, we do hope to have that solved.

      If those don't work, let me know please.

      On 12/1/2011 11:06 AM, abnormalus12 wrote:
      > I am having an identical problem where after creating a character none of the tabs for feats, equipment, or class abilities are populated by any data (for pathfinder or D&D 3.5), also win 7 64 bit
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "themarthian" <sd_provider@...> wrote:
      >> I am on Windows 7 64 bit and using Version 6 Update 29. I'm not sure if I set it up correctly, however. I'm assuming the tabs have stuff in them, not be empty.
      >>
      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
      >>> Hi,
      >>>
      >>> Would you be using Java 7 or running using the default Java on linux by any
      >>> chance? If so you will need to switch to using Sun's Java 6 instead.
      >>>
      >>> Cheers,
      >>> James Dempsey
      >>> PCGen Code SB

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • gonadan
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 28, 2011
        Just want to know if anyone else is still having this issue?
        I've java 1.6, Win 7 (64 bits) and have tried 5.16.4 and 5.17.9, in various locations, but my skills, feats, equipments etc tabs are all still completely empty.

        Cheers

        > Here are the solutions to these issues:
        >
        > WIN Vista/Win 7:
        > Install the program to a location OTHER THAN the default Program Files path. (C:\PCGen as an example)
        >
        > DO NOT USE JAVA 7!
        > PCGen only supports Java 1.5 (JAVA 5), 1.6 (JAVA 6) up to 5.17.5. 5.17.7+ we drop support for Java 5.
        >
        > Java 7 is incompatible with PCGen at this time. By release 6.0, we do hope to have that solved.
        >
        > If those don't work, let me know please.
        >

        > On 12/1/2011 11:06 AM, abnormalus12 wrote:
        > > I am having an identical problem where after creating a character none of the tabs for feats, equipment, or class abilities are populated by any data (for pathfinder or D&D 3.5), also win 7 64 bit
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "themarthian" <sd_provider@> wrote:
        > >> I am on Windows 7 64 bit and using Version 6 Update 29. I'm not sure if I set it up correctly, however. I'm assuming the tabs have stuff in them, not be empty.

        > > Related Lists

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > > --
        > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 28, 2011

          If your tabs are empty it is highly likely you are starting with Java
          1.7 rather than Java 1.6. Can you open the console and post the entries
          that show there when it is first started please?

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 28/12/2011 10:30 PM gonadan wrote