Re: PFRPG Ninja, anyone started on this one yet?

  • distant_scholar
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
      I've put a ZIP file with a rough draft ninja in the Homebrew/Homebrew LST Files section of the Files for the group. It doesn't have any of the proper Copyright information (I got all of it from Paizo's Ultimate Combat; the copyright is all theirs). The ninja tricks don't actually do anything except be choosable. But it's a start.

      If it makes sense to crib it for the Ultimate Combat eventual release, feel free.

      DS/DL

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "distant_scholar" <adventure@...> wrote:

      > Someone (Andrew Wilson) is working on Ultimate Combat; I'm not sure how far he's gotten. The last comment (about 3 weeks ago) says he's working on the class archetypes.
      >
      > Coding up the skeleton of the class shouldn't be too hard; coding up every single one of the ninja tricks is more difficult. If you know which ninja tricks are desired, I might be able to whip something up tomorrow.
      >
      > DS/DL
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Patryk Adamski <ruemere@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > has anyone started on Ninja (this alternative class from PFRPG Ultimate
      > > Combat) yet?
      > > If yes, are you planning to do it as a full-blown class, a copy of a
      > > Rogue class with the changes thrown in or as an archetype?
      > > The way I see it, making it a separate class is going to be the best
      > > course of action, but I am open to suggestions.
      > >
      > > Link:
      > > http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classes/ninja.html
      > >
      > > One of my players is rebuilding his character (he got tired of
      > > inherent wimpiness of his Fighter/Rogue/Shadowdancer) and for his benefit I
      > > need to put this class together.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Ruemere
      > > --
      > > email>> ruemere@
      > > www>> www.ruemere.com

    • Patryk Adamski
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2011
        Hello distant_scholar,

        Thursday, December 1, 2011, 1:24:08 AM, you wrote:

        d> I've put a ZIP file with a rough draft ninja in the
        d> Homebrew/Homebrew LST Files section of the Files for the group. It
        d> doesn't have any of the proper Copyright information (I got all of
        d> it from Paizo's Ultimate Combat; the copyright is all theirs). The
        d> ninja tricks don't actually do anything except be choosable. But it's a start.

        d> If it makes sense to crib it for the Ultimate Combat eventual release, feel free.

        d> DS/DL

        Looks way better than my half-finished attempt.
        Also, I'm not very well versed yet with this new way of handling
        special abilities (tilde character? ye gods!), so it will take me a
        few days to digest it - fortunately, Neceros form-fillable pdf sheets
        came to my rescue for yesterday's session.

        Thanks for sharing. If I get it to work, I'll share it back, with the
        following caveat - the latest pcGen alpha fails miserably while
        being unable to handle "-" characters in file/paths is rearing its
        ugly head again), and so I cannot guarantee that my
        code is going to support it.

        Regards,
        Ruemere
        --