Re: PFRPG Ninja, anyone started on this one yet?

  • distant_scholar
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
      Someone (Andrew Wilson) is working on Ultimate Combat; I'm not sure how far he's gotten. The last comment (about 3 weeks ago) says he's working on the class archetypes.

      Coding up the skeleton of the class shouldn't be too hard; coding up every single one of the ninja tricks is more difficult. If you know which ninja tricks are desired, I might be able to whip something up tomorrow.

      DS/DL

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Patryk Adamski <ruemere@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > has anyone started on Ninja (this alternative class from PFRPG Ultimate
      > Combat) yet?
      > If yes, are you planning to do it as a full-blown class, a copy of a
      > Rogue class with the changes thrown in or as an archetype?
      > The way I see it, making it a separate class is going to be the best
      > course of action, but I am open to suggestions.
      >
      > Link:
      > http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classes/ninja.html
      >
      > One of my players is rebuilding his character (he got tired of
      > inherent wimpiness of his Fighter/Rogue/Shadowdancer) and for his benefit I
      > need to put this class together.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Ruemere
      > --
      > email>> ruemere@...
      > www>> www.ruemere.com

    • distant_scholar
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
        I've put a ZIP file with a rough draft ninja in the Homebrew/Homebrew LST Files section of the Files for the group. It doesn't have any of the proper Copyright information (I got all of it from Paizo's Ultimate Combat; the copyright is all theirs). The ninja tricks don't actually do anything except be choosable. But it's a start.

        If it makes sense to crib it for the Ultimate Combat eventual release, feel free.

        DS/DL

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "distant_scholar" <adventure@...> wrote:

        > Someone (Andrew Wilson) is working on Ultimate Combat; I'm not sure how far he's gotten. The last comment (about 3 weeks ago) says he's working on the class archetypes.
        >
        > Coding up the skeleton of the class shouldn't be too hard; coding up every single one of the ninja tricks is more difficult. If you know which ninja tricks are desired, I might be able to whip something up tomorrow.
        >
        > DS/DL
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Patryk Adamski <ruemere@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > has anyone started on Ninja (this alternative class from PFRPG Ultimate
        > > Combat) yet?
        > > If yes, are you planning to do it as a full-blown class, a copy of a
        > > Rogue class with the changes thrown in or as an archetype?
        > > The way I see it, making it a separate class is going to be the best
        > > course of action, but I am open to suggestions.
        > >
        > > Link:
        > > http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classes/ninja.html
        > >
        > > One of my players is rebuilding his character (he got tired of
        > > inherent wimpiness of his Fighter/Rogue/Shadowdancer) and for his benefit I
        > > need to put this class together.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Ruemere
        > > --
        > > email>> ruemere@
        > > www>> www.ruemere.com

      • Patryk Adamski
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2011
          Hello distant_scholar,

          Thursday, December 1, 2011, 1:24:08 AM, you wrote:

          d> I've put a ZIP file with a rough draft ninja in the
          d> Homebrew/Homebrew LST Files section of the Files for the group. It
          d> doesn't have any of the proper Copyright information (I got all of
          d> it from Paizo's Ultimate Combat; the copyright is all theirs). The
          d> ninja tricks don't actually do anything except be choosable. But it's a start.

          d> If it makes sense to crib it for the Ultimate Combat eventual release, feel free.

          d> DS/DL

          Looks way better than my half-finished attempt.
          Also, I'm not very well versed yet with this new way of handling
          special abilities (tilde character? ye gods!), so it will take me a
          few days to digest it - fortunately, Neceros form-fillable pdf sheets
          came to my rescue for yesterday's session.

          Thanks for sharing. If I get it to work, I'll share it back, with the
          following caveat - the latest pcGen alpha fails miserably while
          being unable to handle "-" characters in file/paths is rearing its
          ugly head again), and so I cannot guarantee that my
          code is going to support it.

          Regards,
          Ruemere
          --