PFRPG Ninja, anyone started on this one yet?

  • Patryk Adamski
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2011
      Hello,

      has anyone started on Ninja (this alternative class from PFRPG Ultimate
      Combat) yet?
      If yes, are you planning to do it as a full-blown class, a copy of a
      Rogue class with the changes thrown in or as an archetype?
      The way I see it, making it a separate class is going to be the best
      course of action, but I am open to suggestions.

      Link:
      http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classes/ninja.html

      One of my players is rebuilding his character (he got tired of
      inherent wimpiness of his Fighter/Rogue/Shadowdancer) and for his benefit I
      need to put this class together.

      Regards,
      Ruemere
      --
      email>> ruemere@...
      www>> www.ruemere.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
        Someone (Andrew Wilson) is working on Ultimate Combat; I'm not sure how far he's gotten. The last comment (about 3 weeks ago) says he's working on the class archetypes.

        Coding up the skeleton of the class shouldn't be too hard; coding up every single one of the ninja tricks is more difficult. If you know which ninja tricks are desired, I might be able to whip something up tomorrow.

        DS/DL

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Patryk Adamski <ruemere@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > has anyone started on Ninja (this alternative class from PFRPG Ultimate
        > Combat) yet?
        > If yes, are you planning to do it as a full-blown class, a copy of a
        > Rogue class with the changes thrown in or as an archetype?
        > The way I see it, making it a separate class is going to be the best
        > course of action, but I am open to suggestions.
        >
        > Link:
        > http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classes/ninja.html
        >
        > One of my players is rebuilding his character (he got tired of
        > inherent wimpiness of his Fighter/Rogue/Shadowdancer) and for his benefit I
        > need to put this class together.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Ruemere
        > --
        > email>> ruemere@...
        > www>> www.ruemere.com

      • distant_scholar
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2011
          I've put a ZIP file with a rough draft ninja in the Homebrew/Homebrew LST Files section of the Files for the group. It doesn't have any of the proper Copyright information (I got all of it from Paizo's Ultimate Combat; the copyright is all theirs). The ninja tricks don't actually do anything except be choosable. But it's a start.

          If it makes sense to crib it for the Ultimate Combat eventual release, feel free.

          DS/DL

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "distant_scholar" <adventure@...> wrote:

          > Someone (Andrew Wilson) is working on Ultimate Combat; I'm not sure how far he's gotten. The last comment (about 3 weeks ago) says he's working on the class archetypes.
          >
          > Coding up the skeleton of the class shouldn't be too hard; coding up every single one of the ninja tricks is more difficult. If you know which ninja tricks are desired, I might be able to whip something up tomorrow.
          >
          > DS/DL
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Patryk Adamski <ruemere@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > has anyone started on Ninja (this alternative class from PFRPG Ultimate
          > > Combat) yet?
          > > If yes, are you planning to do it as a full-blown class, a copy of a
          > > Rogue class with the changes thrown in or as an archetype?
          > > The way I see it, making it a separate class is going to be the best
          > > course of action, but I am open to suggestions.
          > >
          > > Link:
          > > http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classes/ninja.html
          > >
          > > One of my players is rebuilding his character (he got tired of
          > > inherent wimpiness of his Fighter/Rogue/Shadowdancer) and for his benefit I
          > > need to put this class together.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Ruemere
          > > --
          > > email>> ruemere@
          > > www>> www.ruemere.com

        • Patryk Adamski
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2011
            Hello distant_scholar,

            Thursday, December 1, 2011, 1:24:08 AM, you wrote:

            d> I've put a ZIP file with a rough draft ninja in the
            d> Homebrew/Homebrew LST Files section of the Files for the group. It
            d> doesn't have any of the proper Copyright information (I got all of
            d> it from Paizo's Ultimate Combat; the copyright is all theirs). The
            d> ninja tricks don't actually do anything except be choosable. But it's a start.

            d> If it makes sense to crib it for the Ultimate Combat eventual release, feel free.

            d> DS/DL

            Looks way better than my half-finished attempt.
            Also, I'm not very well versed yet with this new way of handling
            special abilities (tilde character? ye gods!), so it will take me a
            few days to digest it - fortunately, Neceros form-fillable pdf sheets
            came to my rescue for yesterday's session.

            Thanks for sharing. If I get it to work, I'll share it back, with the
            following caveat - the latest pcGen alpha fails miserably while
            being unable to handle "-" characters in file/paths is rearing its
            ugly head again), and so I cannot guarantee that my
            code is going to support it.

            Regards,
            Ruemere
            --