Re: [pcgen] Re: Can not print

    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 5, 2011
      Try installing it to c:/pcgen

      See if that changes anything.

      On 11/5/2011 5:55 PM, senseileroof wrote:
      >> Well, then let's solve the issues at hand:
      >>
      >> Are you using Sun Java 6 (1.6)?
      >> Are you installing to any place other than the default Program Files?
      >>
      > 6.29 and no.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • senseileroof
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 5, 2011

        > Try installing it to c:/pcgen
        >
        > See if that changes anything.

        Something weird's happened. I went back to 5.16.4 to try making a character; it saved fine but trying to print caused an error about table-something needing to be a child of one thing instead of another. So I closed 5.16.4 and tried 5.17.7. Opening and saving work, and printing causes the same error. It even happens with 5.17.8.

        What is the .fo extension for anyway?
      • senseileroof
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 5, 2011
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "senseileroof" <senseileroof@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Try installing it to c:/pcgen
          > >
          > > See if that changes anything.
          > >
          > Something weird's happened. I went back to 5.16.4 to try making a character; it saved fine but trying to print caused an error about table-something needing to be a child of one thing instead of another. So I closed 5.16.4 and tried 5.17.7. Opening and saving work, and printing causes the same error. It even happens with 5.17.8.
          >
          > What is the .fo extension for anyway?

          I forgot to mention -- I get the same error attempting to export to PDF as well.
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 5, 2011
            Hi,

            It's the export transformation file. Can you give the exact error?

            On 11/5/2011 9:24 PM, senseileroof wrote:
            >> Try installing it to c:/pcgen
            >>
            >> See if that changes anything.
            >>
            > Something weird's happened. I went back to 5.16.4 to try making a character; it saved fine but trying to print caused an error about table-something needing to be a child of one thing instead of another. So I closed 5.16.4 and tried 5.17.7. Opening and saving work, and printing causes the same error. It even happens with 5.17.8.
            >
            > What is the .fo extension for anyway?

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 5, 2011
              Hi,

              Could you upload the character to the need help with folder lease? We can then try it out and see if we can reproduce the issue.

              Cheers,
              James

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 6, 2011

                > It's the export transformation file. Can you give the exact error?

                file:/C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/currentPC_7778575620948317842.fo:2931:34 A table row must be child of fo:table-body, fo:table-header or fo:table-footer, not fo:block
              • senseileroof
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 6, 2011

                  > Could you upload the character to the need help with folder lease? We can then try it out and see if we can reproduce the issue.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > James
                  >

                  > On 06/11/2011, at 3:24 PM, "senseileroof" <senseileroof@...> wrote:

                  > >> Try installing it to c:/pcgen
                  > >>
                  > >> See if that changes anything.
                  > >>
                  > > Something weird's happened. I went back to 5.16.4 to try making a character; it saved fine but trying to print caused an error about table-something needing to be a child of one thing instead of another. So I closed 5.16.4 and tried 5.17.7. Opening and saving work, and printing causes the same error. It even happens with 5.17.8.
                  > >
                  > > What is the .fo extension for anyway?

                  Done.