Files cleanup

  • pjak@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 31 10:56 AM
      If noone protests before sunday, I intend to delete the following
      files as they are part of the official release.

      2BCentral/Kalamar/KoK%202001.06.06.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%
      2BCentral/Psionics/Psionics-202a.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%
      2BCentral/Psionics/pshb.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%
      2BCentral/Psionics/pshbfeat.lst
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%
      2BCentral/Psionics/psionics.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%
      2BCentral/Psionics/psionicsadd.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%
      2BCentral/Published%20Campaigns/s%26s.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%
      2BCentral/Published%20Campaigns/tomeandblood.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%2BCentral/Star%
      20Wars%20Campaign/Darkside.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%2BCentral/Star%
      20Wars%20Campaign/Fulm.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/New%
      20Stat%20PSheets.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheet.
      rtf
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheet.
      zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheetR
      OG_combined.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheetS
      WTC.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheet_
      CSS.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheet_
      ROG.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheet_
      for%20OpenRPG3.xml
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheetc
      ompactsw.htm
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/csheets
      pell.html
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/psheetA
      RC.zip
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/New_Character_Sheets/psheet_
      ARC2_Urban.zip

      /Jonas, the portal to the negative energy plane...
    • pjak@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2001
        If you didn't want me to delete any of the files I just deleted, you
        need a time machine. ;-)

        /Jonas, the portal to the negative energy plane
      • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 12, 2001
          All files owned by myself in the deletethis folder are deleted.

          Other Cleanup:
          1) Wizards folder still shows when unzipping 2.1.5 - this folder is
          empty and should be removed from inclusion in the distro of the list
          files.
          2) There is also a "screens" folder - not sure if this should be
          removed or not, but it is created.
          3) There is also a "cvs" folder - it is empty and should be removed
          from future distibutions of hte list files

          Mynex
        • Mark Hulsman
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 12, 2001
            > Other Cleanup:
            > 1) Wizards folder still shows when unzipping 2.1.5 - this folder is
            > empty and should be removed from inclusion in the distro of the list
            > files.
            > 2) There is also a "screens" folder - not sure if this should be
            > removed or not, but it is created.
            > 3) There is also a "cvs" folder - it is empty and should be removed
            > from future distibutions of hte list files

            Screens is screenshots for the docs.
          • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 12, 2001
              I understood that's what it was. I guess I should be more specifac.
              Is this folder required? If so, instead of dropping all the
              documents into the root of PCGen, instead make a "Docs" folder, and
              put all the help files in there with "Screens" being a sub folder??

              If the Screens folder is not required for anything other than being
              there to show people what they should see, then it's really not
              nescessary (IMO) they can open PCGen and see what's what, esp if
              those screen shots are out of date.

              Mynex

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 13, 2001
                --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:
                > 1) Wizards folder still shows when unzipping 2.1.5 - this folder is
                > empty and should be removed from inclusion in the distro of the
                list
                > files.

                Removed.

                /Jonas
              • pjak@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 13, 2001
                  --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:
                  > Other Cleanup:
                  > 1) Wizards folder still shows when unzipping 2.1.5 - this folder is
                  > empty and should be removed from inclusion in the distro of the
                  list
                  > files.

                  Removed now.

                  /Jonas
                • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 13, 2001
                    I'll have to be more careful when preparing the lst.zip file next
                    time. I don't think screens or cvs or any other empty folders should
                    be included in the zip files. Thanks for mentioning this!

                    -Bryan

                    --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

                    > I understood that's what it was. I guess I should be more
                    specifac.
                    > Is this folder required? If so, instead of dropping all the
                    > documents into the root of PCGen, instead make a "Docs" folder, and
                    > put all the help files in there with "Screens" being a sub folder??
                    >
                    > If the Screens folder is not required for anything other than being
                    > there to show people what they should see, then it's really not
                    > nescessary (IMO) they can open PCGen and see what's what, esp if
                    > those screen shots are out of date.
                    >
                    > Mynex
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
                    > > > Other Cleanup:
                    > > > 1) Wizards folder still shows when unzipping 2.1.5 - this
                    folder
                    > is
                    > > > empty and should be removed from inclusion in the distro of the
                    > list
                    > > > files.
                    > > > 2) There is also a "screens" folder - not sure if this should
                    be
                    > > > removed or not, but it is created.
                    > > > 3) There is also a "cvs" folder - it is empty and should be
                    > removed
                    > > > from future distibutions of hte list files
                    > >
                    > > Screens is screenshots for the docs.
                  • pjak
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 9, 2002
                      Here are some files I've removed as they don't seem to be current.

                      ====

                      Files > Campaign+Central > Inwork Projects > Wheel of Time
                      All files moved to Files > Old Stuff to be Deleted

                      Files > Campaign+Central > Inwork Projects > Star Wars files
                      starwarsstarship.zip (the only file) moved to Files > Old Stuff to
                      be Deleted

                      Files > Character PCG files
                      All files except Den.pcg (I verified that they worked) moved to
                      Files > Character PCG files > Will be deleted in a few days

                      Files > New_Character_Sheets
                      csheetROG.fo moved to Files > Old Stuff to be Deleted

                      If you uploaded any of these files and think they shouldn't be
                      removed, please move them to where you want them.

                      /Jonas, portal to the negative plane
                    • ss2art
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 9, 2002
                        Re: [pcgen] Files cleanup Where exactly should these files be placed?

                        I created the Star Wars Directory for two reasons:
                           1. There was no directory in the Files tree for Star Wars related material.
                           2. It made no sense to create a directory for every supplement. I figured each
                                   supplement could be kept in one ZIP file.

                        Also, the starwarsstarship.zip file is there for users to review. It could not be completed due to one open FREQ (Which has now been fixed and I expect that it will be available in release 2.4.4).

                        Which brings up an interesting questions.
                           What is the process of releasing list files with PCGEN?
                           Is it sufficient for me to say it is complete, and then have it loaded into the CVS files?
                           Or is there some type of review process?
                           And what if I have to modify an already released LST file?  Do I just check it out and modify?
                           And what if I don't have a CVS client?

                        (I am running on Mac OS X, and have not had time to try and download and configure my client)

                        ==============
                        on 2/9/02 10:21 AM, pjak at pjak@... wrote:

                        Here are some files I've removed as they don't seem to be current.

                        ====

                        Files > Campaign+Central > Inwork Projects > Wheel of Time
                         All files moved to Files > Old Stuff to be Deleted

                        Files > Campaign+Central > Inwork Projects > Star Wars files
                         starwarsstarship.zip (the only file) moved to Files > Old Stuff to
                        be Deleted

                        Files > Character PCG files
                         All files except Den.pcg (I verified that they worked) moved to
                        Files > Character PCG files > Will be deleted in a few days

                        Files > New_Character_Sheets
                         csheetROG.fo moved to Files > Old Stuff to be Deleted

                        If you uploaded any of these files and think they shouldn't be
                        removed, please move them to where you want them.

                        /Jonas, portal to the negative plane

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                        Scott Stewart
                        ss2art@...

                      • pjak
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 10, 2002
                          --- In pcgen@y..., ss2art <ss2art@a...> wrote:
                          > Where exactly should these files be placed?
                          > I created the Star Wars Directory for two reasons:

                          Oh, I left the directory there.

                          > Also, the starwarsstarship.zip file is there for users to review.
                          It could
                          > not be completed due to one open FREQ (Which has now been fixed and
                          I expect
                          > that it will be available in release 2.4.4).

                          Ah, ok. I looked in cvs and what was there seemed newer and more
                          complete (it was updated by arknight only a few hours before I moved
                          your file.) Look at the files in cvs here:

                          http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-
                          bin/viewcvs.cgi/pcgen/data/wotc/sourcebooks/starwars/core/starwarsstar
                          ship/

                          I suggest you get in touch with arknight and make sure your work and
                          his covers everything.

                          > Which brings up an interesting questions.
                          > What is the process of releasing list files with PCGEN?

                          Once you think something is done, put it into the appropriate
                          subfolder of Files > Campaign+Central

                          Home Brew (Custom) Source Material is the right place if it's your
                          own stuff.

                          Official Release Files is the right place for published stuff.

                          UnOfficial & Converted Source Material is the right place for, well,
                          everything else. ;-)

                          Only what's put in Official Release Files will be moved to cvs.

                          > Is it sufficient for me to say it is complete, and then have it
                          loaded
                          > into the CVS files?
                          > Or is there some type of review process?

                          There's an informal review process, i.e. whoever puts it into cvs is
                          supposed to compare your stuff to what's already in cvs and handle
                          any conflicts. If everything seems kosher he (after having put
                          everything into cvs) moves the file into the incvs folder. (This is
                          partially so that people without cvs access can still get at it, and
                          partially to make sure we don't waste time trying to put the same
                          stuff into cvs twice. ;-) If there is a problem, it's handled
                          differently every time (mostly I've fixed it by editing the files
                          till they do what I want, but I've also contacted the author. It
                          depends on what the problems are.)

                          > And what if I have to modify an already released LST file? Do I
                          just
                          > check it out and modify?

                          If you have cvs write access, sure. (Bryan would have to grant you
                          that.)

                          Whether you have write access or not, I do recommend that you always
                          check cvs before you edit a file (there is a web cvs accessible from
                          the homepage) to avoid version conflicts.

                          > And what if I don't have a CVS client?

                          Well, if you don't have write access, you don't really need it.

                          /Jonas
                        • pjak
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 11, 2002
                            I've removed the following files from 'Official Release Files' for
                            the following reasons:

                            relicritualspells.lst
                            I couldn't figure out which version this was based on, and a diff
                            shows every single line has been changed, so I took the easy way out
                            and put it back in 'Inwork Projects/Sourcebooks' until someone with
                            more time than me can figure out if this still needs to be applied.

                            starfarershandbook.zip
                            Has been applied to cvs earlier. Moved to incvs.

                            StarWarsdarkside.zip
                            The bug these files were intended to fix is no longer there. Moved to
                            incvs.

                            swcoreupdates.zip
                            There was a discussion about it on the list, and Bryan asked for an
                            off-list consensus. (I think most of the fixes in the file have been
                            applied.) I moved the file to 'Inwork Projects/Sourcebooks'

                            /Jonas
                          • merton_monk
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 11, 2002
                              Thanks, Mr. Portal! :)

                              -Bryan

                              ps how's the negative plane treating you these days? ;)

                              --- In pcgen@y..., "pjak" <pjak@y...> wrote:
                              > I've removed the following files from 'Official Release Files' for
                              > the following reasons:
                              >
                              > relicritualspells.lst
                              > I couldn't figure out which version this was based on, and a diff
                              > shows every single line has been changed, so I took the easy way
                              out
                              > and put it back in 'Inwork Projects/Sourcebooks' until someone with
                              > more time than me can figure out if this still needs to be applied.
                              >
                              > starfarershandbook.zip
                              > Has been applied to cvs earlier. Moved to incvs.
                              >
                              > StarWarsdarkside.zip
                              > The bug these files were intended to fix is no longer there. Moved
                              > incvs.
                              >
                              > swcoreupdates.zip
                              > There was a discussion about it on the list, and Bryan asked for an
                              > off-list consensus. (I think most of the fixes in the file have
                              been
                              > applied.) I moved the file to 'Inwork Projects/Sourcebooks'
                              >
                              > /Jonas
                            • pjak
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 11, 2002
                                > Thanks, Mr. Portal! :)
                                > ps how's the negative plane treating you these days? ;)

                                Well, it's not been positive. :)

                                /Jonas, whose Real Life has been awfully Real lately...