Re: [OS] Number of Weapons displayed on page 1 PDF

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
      That's the spot to fix. Making it 3 was a comprise that works most of the time, but on many characters leaves a lot of white space.

      Chuck
      OS Chimp

      > Far as I recall it's the right spot. Barrack or Chuck can chime in if I'm wrong.
      >

      > On 10/17/2011 4:16 PM, brauliob555 wrote:
      > > I am trying to edit xml so that I can add more weapons to the first page of a PDF. I think I need to edit the fantasy_master_std.xslt file because I found the following template within it:
      > >
      > > ====================================
      > > TEMPLATE - VIEW WEAPON NUMBER
      > >
      > > Returns the number of weapons that can
      > > be shown on the front page
      > > ====================================
      > > ====================================-->
      > > <xsl:template name="view.weapon.num">
      > > <xsl:variable name="featureheight">
      > > <xsl:call-template name="features.left">
      > > <xsl:with-param name="features" select="/character/class_features/*"/>
      > > </xsl:call-template>
      > > </xsl:variable>
      > > <!-- 145 is the number of mm available to weapons and features
      > > 28mm is the size of a single large ranged weapon block
      > > 20mm is the size of a single large weapon block
      > > 24mm is the size of a single simple weapon block
      > > -->
      > >
      > > <!-- This should be made more complicated so that it determines the
      > > size of each weapon block in turn so that a correct cumulative
      > > height can be determined -->
      > >
      > > <!--
      > > This does not seem to work very well.
      > >
      > > <xsl:value-of select="floor( (140-$featureheight) div 28) "/>
      > >
      > > For now, just make it 3 weapons max.-->
      > >
      > > <xsl:value-of select="3"/>
      > >
      > > </xsl:template>
      > >
      > > <!--
      > >
      > > It seems straight forward, just change the </xsl:value-of select="3"/> to "4" but obviously the notes say it does not seem to work very well.
      > >
      > > First of all, is this the correct place I am supposed to change it?
      > >
      > > Second, is this the even the correct file?
      > >
      > > I apreciate any help on this.

      > > Related Lists

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > > --
      > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

    • brauliob555
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
        So, fixing that spot in the fantasy_master_std.xslt should change the number of weapons shown on all default PDFs, or is there something else I need to do?

        Hey, thanks for the quick reply, guys!

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

        > That's the spot to fix. Making it 3 was a comprise that works most of the time, but on many characters leaves a lot of white space.
        >
        > Chuck
        > OS Chimp
        >
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > Far as I recall it's the right spot. Barrack or Chuck can chime in if I'm wrong.
        > >

        > > On 10/17/2011 4:16 PM, brauliob555 wrote:
        > > > I am trying to edit xml so that I can add more weapons to the first page of a PDF. I think I need to edit the fantasy_master_std.xslt file because I found the following template within it:
        > > >
        > > > ====================================
        > > > TEMPLATE - VIEW WEAPON NUMBER
        > > >
        > > > Returns the number of weapons that can
        > > > be shown on the front page
        > > > ====================================
        > > > ====================================-->
        > > > <xsl:template name="view.weapon.num">
        > > > <xsl:variable name="featureheight">
        > > > <xsl:call-template name="features.left">
        > > > <xsl:with-param name="features" select="/character/class_features/*"/>
        > > > </xsl:call-template>
        > > > </xsl:variable>
        > > > <!-- 145 is the number of mm available to weapons and features
        > > > 28mm is the size of a single large ranged weapon block
        > > > 20mm is the size of a single large weapon block
        > > > 24mm is the size of a single simple weapon block
        > > > -->
        > > >
        > > > <!-- This should be made more complicated so that it determines the
        > > > size of each weapon block in turn so that a correct cumulative
        > > > height can be determined -->
        > > >
        > > > <!--
        > > > This does not seem to work very well.
        > > >
        > > > <xsl:value-of select="floor( (140-$featureheight) div 28) "/>
        > > >
        > > > For now, just make it 3 weapons max.-->
        > > >
        > > > <xsl:value-of select="3"/>
        > > >
        > > > </xsl:template>
        > > >
        > > > <!--
        > > >
        > > > It seems straight forward, just change the </xsl:value-of select="3"/> to "4" but obviously the notes say it does not seem to work very well.
        > > >
        > > > First of all, is this the correct place I am supposed to change it?
        > > >
        > > > Second, is this the even the correct file?
        > > >
        > > > I apreciate any help on this.

        > > > Related Lists
        > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
        > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
        > > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
        > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > > >

        > > > --
        > > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > > > Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
        > > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > > > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
          Hi!

          It works for the PDF's for printing but it will not show up in the Character Sheet tab.

          Maredudd

        • brauliob555
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
            Perfect! I just tried it. For some reason, when I changed it to "4" there was no change in the PDF, it still only showed 3 weapons, but then I changed the value to "5" and it showed all 5 of my weapons and it works. I'll have to change it back to "4" and see if I can replicate the problem.

            Thanks again!

            > Hi!
            >
            > It works for the PDF's for printing but it will not show up in the Character Sheet tab.
            >
            > Maredudd
            >
            > On Oct 18, 2011, at 4:04 PM, brauliob555 wrote:
            >
            > > So, fixing that spot in the fantasy_master_std.xslt should change the number of weapons shown on all default PDFs, or is there something else I need to do?
            > >
            > > Hey, thanks for the quick reply, guys!

            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <pcgen2006@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > That's the spot to fix. Making it 3 was a comprise that works most of the time, but on many characters leaves a lot of white space.
            > > >
            > > > Chuck
            > > > OS Chimp

          • FerretDave
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 19, 2011
              If I recall, I'd raised a Jira for some options to set 'per character' output settings.
              hmmm, OS-66 and CODE-455 are related, I've added comments to clarify.