Number of Weapons displayed on page 1 PDF

  • brauliob555
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
      I am trying to edit xml so that I can add more weapons to the first page of a PDF. I think I need to edit the fantasy_master_std.xslt file because I found the following template within it:

      ====================================
      TEMPLATE - VIEW WEAPON NUMBER

      Returns the number of weapons that can
      be shown on the front page
      ====================================
      ====================================-->
      <xsl:template name="view.weapon.num">
      <xsl:variable name="featureheight">
      <xsl:call-template name="features.left">
      <xsl:with-param name="features" select="/character/class_features/*"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
      </xsl:variable>
      <!-- 145 is the number of mm available to weapons and features
      28mm is the size of a single large ranged weapon block
      20mm is the size of a single large weapon block
      24mm is the size of a single simple weapon block
      -->

      <!-- This should be made more complicated so that it determines the
      size of each weapon block in turn so that a correct cumulative
      height can be determined -->

      <!--
      This does not seem to work very well.

      <xsl:value-of select="floor( (140-$featureheight) div 28) "/>

      For now, just make it 3 weapons max.-->

      <xsl:value-of select="3"/>

      </xsl:template>

      <!--

      It seems straight forward, just change the </xsl:value-of select="3"/> to "4" but obviously the notes say it does not seem to work very well.

      First of all, is this the correct place I am supposed to change it?

      Second, is this the even the correct file?

      I apreciate any help on this.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011

        Far as I recall it's the right spot. Barrack or Chuck can chime in if I'm wrong.

        On 10/17/2011 4:16 PM, brauliob555 wrote:
        > I am trying to edit xml so that I can add more weapons to the first page of a PDF. I think I need to edit the fantasy_master_std.xslt file because I found the following template within it:
        >
        > ====================================
        > TEMPLATE - VIEW WEAPON NUMBER
        >
        > Returns the number of weapons that can
        > be shown on the front page
        > ====================================
        > ====================================-->
        > <xsl:template name="view.weapon.num">
        > <xsl:variable name="featureheight">
        > <xsl:call-template name="features.left">
        > <xsl:with-param name="features" select="/character/class_features/*"/>
        > </xsl:call-template>
        > </xsl:variable>
        > <!-- 145 is the number of mm available to weapons and features
        > 28mm is the size of a single large ranged weapon block
        > 20mm is the size of a single large weapon block
        > 24mm is the size of a single simple weapon block
        > -->
        >
        > <!-- This should be made more complicated so that it determines the
        > size of each weapon block in turn so that a correct cumulative
        > height can be determined -->
        >
        > <!--
        > This does not seem to work very well.
        >
        > <xsl:value-of select="floor( (140-$featureheight) div 28) "/>
        >
        > For now, just make it 3 weapons max.-->
        >
        > <xsl:value-of select="3"/>
        >
        > </xsl:template>
        >
        > <!--
        >
        > It seems straight forward, just change the </xsl:value-of select="3"/> to "4" but obviously the notes say it does not seem to work very well.
        >
        > First of all, is this the correct place I am supposed to change it?
        >
        > Second, is this the even the correct file?
        >
        > I apreciate any help on this.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Chuck
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2011
          That's the spot to fix. Making it 3 was a comprise that works most of the time, but on many characters leaves a lot of white space.

          Chuck
          OS Chimp

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
            So, fixing that spot in the fantasy_master_std.xslt should change the number of weapons shown on all default PDFs, or is there something else I need to do?

            Hey, thanks for the quick reply, guys!

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

            > That's the spot to fix. Making it 3 was a comprise that works most of the time, but on many characters leaves a lot of white space.
            >
            > Chuck
            > OS Chimp
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Far as I recall it's the right spot. Barrack or Chuck can chime in if I'm wrong.
            > >

            > > On 10/17/2011 4:16 PM, brauliob555 wrote:
            > > > I am trying to edit xml so that I can add more weapons to the first page of a PDF. I think I need to edit the fantasy_master_std.xslt file because I found the following template within it:
            > > >
            > > > ====================================
            > > > TEMPLATE - VIEW WEAPON NUMBER
            > > >
            > > > Returns the number of weapons that can
            > > > be shown on the front page
            > > > ====================================
            > > > ====================================-->
            > > > <xsl:template name="view.weapon.num">
            > > > <xsl:variable name="featureheight">
            > > > <xsl:call-template name="features.left">
            > > > <xsl:with-param name="features" select="/character/class_features/*"/>
            > > > </xsl:call-template>
            > > > </xsl:variable>
            > > > <!-- 145 is the number of mm available to weapons and features
            > > > 28mm is the size of a single large ranged weapon block
            > > > 20mm is the size of a single large weapon block
            > > > 24mm is the size of a single simple weapon block
            > > > -->
            > > >
            > > > <!-- This should be made more complicated so that it determines the
            > > > size of each weapon block in turn so that a correct cumulative
            > > > height can be determined -->
            > > >
            > > > <!--
            > > > This does not seem to work very well.
            > > >
            > > > <xsl:value-of select="floor( (140-$featureheight) div 28) "/>
            > > >
            > > > For now, just make it 3 weapons max.-->
            > > >
            > > > <xsl:value-of select="3"/>
            > > >
            > > > </xsl:template>
            > > >
            > > > <!--
            > > >
            > > > It seems straight forward, just change the </xsl:value-of select="3"/> to "4" but obviously the notes say it does not seem to work very well.
            > > >
            > > > First of all, is this the correct place I am supposed to change it?
            > > >
            > > > Second, is this the even the correct file?
            > > >
            > > > I apreciate any help on this.

            > > > Related Lists
            > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
            > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
            > > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
            > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > > >

            > > > --
            > > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > > > Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
            > > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > > > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
              Hi!

              It works for the PDF's for printing but it will not show up in the Character Sheet tab.

              Maredudd

            • brauliob555
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 18, 2011
                Perfect! I just tried it. For some reason, when I changed it to "4" there was no change in the PDF, it still only showed 3 weapons, but then I changed the value to "5" and it showed all 5 of my weapons and it works. I'll have to change it back to "4" and see if I can replicate the problem.

                Thanks again!

                > Hi!
                >
                > It works for the PDF's for printing but it will not show up in the Character Sheet tab.
                >
                > Maredudd
                >
                > On Oct 18, 2011, at 4:04 PM, brauliob555 wrote:
                >
                > > So, fixing that spot in the fantasy_master_std.xslt should change the number of weapons shown on all default PDFs, or is there something else I need to do?
                > >
                > > Hey, thanks for the quick reply, guys!

                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <pcgen2006@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > That's the spot to fix. Making it 3 was a comprise that works most of the time, but on many characters leaves a lot of white space.
                > > >
                > > > Chuck
                > > > OS Chimp

              • FerretDave
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 19, 2011
                  If I recall, I'd raised a Jira for some options to set 'per character' output settings.
                  hmmm, OS-66 and CODE-455 are related, I've added comments to clarify.