Re: 1st Level Sorcerer not allowed to select 1st level spells

  • paul_hummerston
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 11, 2011
      Thanks,

      File has been loaded. It's called problem_sorcerer.pcg

      Paul

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "paul_hummerston" <paul_hummerston@...> wrote:

      > Background
      >
      > Using PCGen 5.16.4 with D&D 3.0 data set
      > Leveling up a character (2nd level rogue / 2nd level fighter) to add 1st level sorcerer.
      > Can select 4 x 0 level spells
      > When I attempt to add a 1st level spell the program says "You can only learn 0 spells for Level 1 and there are no higher level slots available"
      >
      > The Class info box in the bottom right corner reports Spell Caster Type: Arcane Primary Stat Bonus: CHA Source: Wizards of the Coast - System Reference Document, srdbasiccharacterclassesii.rtf
      >

      > Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong (or what the system is doing wrong)?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Paul

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2011

        As Stefan suggested to you earlier, your character doesn't have a CHA high
        enough to know any spells other than 0 Level.

        Barak
      • paul_hummerston
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2011
          Thanks fellows,

          Didn't read the fine print in the Player's Handbook :-(

          Paul

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2011

            No problem. I wasn't much of a rules lawyer myself until I started working
            on PCGen. :p

            Barak