Re: [pcgen] 1st Level Sorcerer not allowed to select 1st level spells

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2011
      What's the Charima of the character?

      Stefan.

      On 06.10.11 12:04, paul_hummerston wrote:
      > Background
      >
      > Using PCGen 5.16.4 with D&D 3.0 data set
      > Leveling up a character (2nd level rogue / 2nd level fighter) to add 1st level sorcerer.
      > Can select 4 x 0 level spells
      > When I attempt to add a 1st level spell the program says "You can only learn 0 spells for Level 1 and there are no higher level slots available"
      >
      > The Class info box in the bottom right corner reports Spell Caster Type: Arcane Primary Stat Bonus: CHA Source: Wizards of the Coast - System Reference Document, srdbasiccharacterclassesii.rtf
      >

      > Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong (or what the system is doing wrong)?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Paul

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • paul_hummerston
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2011
        Thanks,

        File has been loaded. It's called problem_sorcerer.pcg

        Paul

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "paul_hummerston" <paul_hummerston@...> wrote:

        > Background
        >
        > Using PCGen 5.16.4 with D&D 3.0 data set
        > Leveling up a character (2nd level rogue / 2nd level fighter) to add 1st level sorcerer.
        > Can select 4 x 0 level spells
        > When I attempt to add a 1st level spell the program says "You can only learn 0 spells for Level 1 and there are no higher level slots available"
        >
        > The Class info box in the bottom right corner reports Spell Caster Type: Arcane Primary Stat Bonus: CHA Source: Wizards of the Coast - System Reference Document, srdbasiccharacterclassesii.rtf
        >

        > Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong (or what the system is doing wrong)?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Paul

      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 11, 2011

          As Stefan suggested to you earlier, your character doesn't have a CHA high
          enough to know any spells other than 0 Level.

          Barak
        • paul_hummerston
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2011
            Thanks fellows,

            Didn't read the fine print in the Player's Handbook :-(

            Paul

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 12, 2011

              No problem. I wasn't much of a rules lawyer myself until I started working
              on PCGen. :p

              Barak