1st Level Sorcerer not allowed to select 1st level spells

  • paul_hummerston
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2011
      Background

      Using PCGen 5.16.4 with D&D 3.0 data set
      Leveling up a character (2nd level rogue / 2nd level fighter) to add 1st level sorcerer.
      Can select 4 x 0 level spells
      When I attempt to add a 1st level spell the program says "You can only learn 0 spells for Level 1 and there are no higher level slots available"

      The Class info box in the bottom right corner reports Spell Caster Type: Arcane Primary Stat Bonus: CHA Source: Wizards of the Coast - System Reference Document, srdbasiccharacterclassesii.rtf

      Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong (or what the system is doing wrong)?

      Thanks,

      Paul
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2011
        Upload the .pcg file to the files section of this group and someone will
        take a look at it.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        On 10/6/2011 6:04 AM, paul_hummerston wrote:
        > Background
        >
        > Using PCGen 5.16.4 with D&D 3.0 data set
        > Leveling up a character (2nd level rogue / 2nd level fighter) to add 1st level sorcerer.
        > Can select 4 x 0 level spells
        > When I attempt to add a 1st level spell the program says "You can only learn 0 spells for Level 1 and there are no higher level slots available"
        >
        > The Class info box in the bottom right corner reports Spell Caster Type: Arcane Primary Stat Bonus: CHA Source: Wizards of the Coast - System Reference Document, srdbasiccharacterclassesii.rtf
        >

        > Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong (or what the system is doing wrong)?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Paul

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2011
          What's the Charima of the character?

          Stefan.

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 11, 2011
            Thanks,

            File has been loaded. It's called problem_sorcerer.pcg

            Paul

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "paul_hummerston" <paul_hummerston@...> wrote:

            > Background
            >
            > Using PCGen 5.16.4 with D&D 3.0 data set
            > Leveling up a character (2nd level rogue / 2nd level fighter) to add 1st level sorcerer.
            > Can select 4 x 0 level spells
            > When I attempt to add a 1st level spell the program says "You can only learn 0 spells for Level 1 and there are no higher level slots available"
            >
            > The Class info box in the bottom right corner reports Spell Caster Type: Arcane Primary Stat Bonus: CHA Source: Wizards of the Coast - System Reference Document, srdbasiccharacterclassesii.rtf
            >

            > Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong (or what the system is doing wrong)?
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Paul

          • Barak
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 11, 2011

              As Stefan suggested to you earlier, your character doesn't have a CHA high
              enough to know any spells other than 0 Level.

              Barak
            • paul_hummerston
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 12, 2011
                Thanks fellows,

                Didn't read the fine print in the Player's Handbook :-(

                Paul

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 12, 2011

                  No problem. I wasn't much of a rules lawyer myself until I started working
                  on PCGen. :p

                  Barak