Re: [pcgen] Display Issues with PCGen

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011

      At this time PCGen is not compatible with Java 1.7. You'll need to
      install Java 1.6 instead then the lists will appear fine. Compatibility
      with Java 1.7 is a target for the next production release of PCGen.

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 2/10/2011 3:16 PM draelvik wrote
      > I checked the docs to see if this came up and saw a possible solution that I tried, but alas increasing the memory and fiddling with the preferences did nothing to abate it. The lists are not displaying or loading. If I reload the source file and re-open the character, the skills list properly, but then as soon as I select one they vanish again. None of the other tabs list properly. The only tabs that function without error are the Summary and Description tabs and the character sheet tab doesn't even load at all. My cursor occasionally turns into the loading circle as if it's doing something, but even if I wait several minutes (which is an absurd amount of time for something as simple as switching tabs), it still doesn't load the lists.
      >
      > On the technical side of things, my computer should be fine. I increased the amount of memory the program is allowed to use, my computer is already running Java 1.7, I have more than enough harddrive space, and my CPU operates at 2 GHz with 2 GB of RAM.
      >
      > I would appreciate assistance, as this program looks like it could be really useful and it would be a shame if I can't use it.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • Drake
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2011
        Ah, okay. Any word on when that next production release will be?

        ~ Draelvik

        ________________________________
        At this time PCGen is not compatible with Java 1.7. You'll need to
        install Java 1.6 instead then the lists will appear fine. Compatibility
        with Java 1.7 is a target for the next production release of PCGen.

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 2/10/2011 3:16 PM draelvik wrote
        > I checked the docs to see if this came up and saw a possible solution that I tried, but alas increasing the memory and fiddling with the preferences did nothing to abate it. The lists are not displaying or loading. If I reload the source file and re-open the character, the skills list properly, but then as soon as I select one they vanish again. None of the other tabs list properly. The only tabs that function without error are the Summary and Description tabs and the character sheet tab doesn't even load at all. My cursor occasionally turns into the loading circle as if it's doing something, but even if I wait several minutes (which is an absurd amount of time for something as simple as switching tabs), it still doesn't load the lists.
        >
        > On the technical side of things, my computer should be fine. I increased the amount of memory the program is allowed to use, my computer is already running Java 1.7, I have more than enough harddrive space, and my CPU operates at 2 GHz with 2 GB of RAM.
        >
        > I would appreciate assistance, as this program looks like it could be really useful and it would be a shame if I can't use it.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 11, 2011
          Hi There,

          Not too sure, but the new UI has almost finished it's first rough cut, which
          means that users of the 5.17.x line will soon have a new UI to give feedback
          on. I'd say realistically some time in 1st/2nd quarter 2012.