Re: [pcgen] [James] Custom Feats not saving

    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2011
      Jon,

      The Docs that come with the program has beginning information and classes.

      The wiki houses some useful information wiki.pcgen.org, I held a little tutorial that got posted on
      there.

      When it comes to actual coding, a text editor, patience and a willingness to learn is pretty much
      all you need. In the footer of this post is a link to the Yahoo Group for LST Editing (PCGen List
      File Help). Over there we have monkeys that answer LST coding specific questions.

      Cheers,

      Andrew Maitland

      On 10/1/2011 11:29 AM, Jon Leeke wrote:
      > Hi folks,
      >
      > I have now installed the program on 2 other Windows 7 64 bit machines
      > using the C:/PcGen directories. Each has a different antivirus and
      > program/driver set. The error occurs on all 4 machines; feats just
      > don't save (equipment and spells do with no problem). If there's any
      > other data I can provide to help the monkeys please let me know. And,
      > of course, any suggestions are welcome.
      >
      > I guess I need to learn how to make my own datasets to add a few custom
      > feats from time to time (it's really just 3 or 4). Maybe this is a good
      > thing; if I learn to code I can help the community! Can you point me to
      > the easiest literature to learn how to do this, and offer any advice?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jon
      >
      > On 9/30/2011 10:25 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> I can make two suggestions.
      >>
      >> Try starting pcgen by using the run as administrator option. If it is
      >> a permission issue that should solve it.
      >>
      >> If not, open the console (menu is Debug > Console) before you create
      >> the test feat and see if you get any output there.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >> James.
      >>
      >> On 1/10/2011 9:32 AM Jon Leeke wrote
      >>> So, here's what I've done:
      >>>
      >>> 1) Installed PcGen 5.17.8 to C:/PcGen
      >>> 2) Moved all the .pcgen files from the C:/Users directory to C:/PcGen
      >>> (characters, customsources, vendordata, filter.ini, options.ini)
      >>> 3) Changed the "Location" under preferences to aim at the C:/PcGen
      >>> folder files, including options.ini. At this time, no locations are
      >>> aimed at the C:/Users directory.
      >>> 4) Loaded Pathfinder. Created a test feat with .lst editor and noted
      >>> that it appears in the editor afterwards.
      >>> 5) Closed PcGen.
      >>> 6) Sacrified 2 goblins (scrawny ones) to Lamashtu.

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 2011
        I think James or one of the coders will have to screen share with you to see
        what the problem is. - K